Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahbr2

Kitchen design 2 layout options...where should sink go?

sarahbr2
10 years ago

Thanks for all the help so far. Here are two options for a kitchen layout (second image in the next post)- both are very similar layouts but the main sink and dishwasher(s) (I think we will go with two) are in different locations. In one, the main sink and dishwashers are on the island. I like this since the sink is central to everything and I can watch the kids while I prep and clean. Also I saw some pics of a kitchen like this and it looks nice and is symmetrical. The negative is that it would be across from the cooktop (sink and dishwashers) so it might be too crowded for someone to be cleaning while another is cooking (though we made 48" aisles). The other option is putting the main sink and dishwashers on a different wall. This gives a separate area for cleaning which is nice but then it is far from everything else (we would then have a prep sink but it still seems far from the kitchenette area) and the dishwasher would open into a traffic aisle (though the aisle is to the dinning room which wouldn't be used a ton). What do you think?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022