Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Round 2 of floor tile with granite, what do you think?

Posted by leennp (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 21:22

I picked my granite a few weeks back, a light sienna bordeaux with a primarily grey background with some red and cream. Initial tile I considered was a very light silver and looked completely white and washed out next to granite, plus looked more like a bathroom tile choice than kitchen, Cabinets are Starmark Marshmallow Cream. New floor I am liking the best is a wood look porcelain tile, what do you think? Right balance of warm versus cool. Looking at BM revere pewter for wall color and will be a subway tile for backsplash picked out after everything already in. Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Round 2 of floor tile with granite, what do you think?

That is a broken slab from the same lot as my granite, is why only a half slab, my slabs were inside in bad lighting so wanted to see with a little better light, that is the wood look tile on ground in front with a cabinet sample propped up next to it. Second picture shows the floor from different angle

o

I love it, they work really nice together. Great choice!

o

Made for each other! Love...

o

It looks great. I really love that gray wood grain porcelain. I have run into a few older topics on here where folks got them and they look amazing installed and grouted.

o

Thank you for all the great positive comments! It took me a long time to find a tile that did not compete with the granite!

o

Looks good!

o

I like it, too! Very pretty.

o

VERY pretty!!

o

Beautiful!

o

Love the 2 together. Just the right amount of texture on the floor tiles with a really nice color that is picked up in that beautiful granite. Very nice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here