Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newsouthernbelle_gw

I have a hood - a BEAUTIFUL hood!

NewSouthernBelle
12 years ago

Sorry I haven't been around much. It's because I am in the middle of our kitchen remodel and almost all the decision have been made so I am no longer seeking daily advice. But I did want to pop in and show all my fellow TKO friends my custom wooden hood. I just love it. I think my cabinet guy did such a great job! I'm thrilled.

It actually looks better in person and I can't wait until all the cabinet doors are on and my "HeartSing"-backsplash-tile / main-focal-point is in. Oh, I can't wait, I can't wait!! Hopefully, we will be done by the end of March. That is assuming I can a decision on the pendant lights. Expect to see me around in the coming weeks soliciting feedback and suggestions for that.

Oh and I love my floor tile too:

To all you in the planning stage, don't lose hope. You'll get there. It just takes time, lots and lots of time.

~NewSouthernBelle

Comments (12)

• la_koala
    12 years ago

Your hood is FANTASTIC!

He did a great job. And you have good instincts picking him for the job. :-)

--Lee

• michoumonster
    12 years ago

NewSouthernBelle, your hood really is beautiful! Is it really made out of cabinetry? that is amazing!

• chris11895
    12 years ago

Looove it!

• motherof3sons
    12 years ago

Woot Woot!!! Enjoy!!!!

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I like the tile, too. You've done a wonderful job and should pat yourself on the back, for making such lovely choices. Looking forward to seeing the backsplash tile installed :)

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Wow! That is one of the prettiest wood hoods I have ever seen! So simple, yet so interesting. Did you show him a photo to copy or did you come up with the design on your own or ??

I can't wait to see your tile also.

P.S. Just because you aren't actively trying to make a decision, doesn't mean you can't hang out here. :)

• Linda
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Also love your tile -- what kind is it?

• NewSouthernBelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks y'all!

I showed the cabinet guy a bunch of photos and I said, "I like this about this one" "I HATE this about that one" and he did a quick sketch that I liked and then he made it happen.

Breezy - I think you are absolutely right. It is simple but has some interesting details. And yes, I know I can come around more and I should and I want to but life (laundry, kids, cleaning) get in the way. I'll do better. I promise.

For those of you who asked about the tile:
    The color is Velvet Ecru made by Casa Dolce Casa. It comes in a few different sizes like 12x24 but I went with the more traditional 24x24. It is porcelain but has A LOT of variety and of my 600 sq. ft, I have one seen two of the same tile. Their link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile - Velvet Ecru by Casa Dolce Casa

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Yes...you do have a beautiful new hood! Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished kitchen.

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

NewSouthernBelle,

Magnifique!!!!!!!!
    I love it.

~boxer

• sanjuangirl
    12 years ago

How Exciting! It IS beautiful! It's so nice to hear that things are going along as expected and that you're thrilled with your choices. It gives those of us in the thick of decision making hope! ;)

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Very pretty. Your tile is yummy looking too.