Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me decide which chandelier for breakfast nook... Quick

Posted by Momto3kiddos (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 21:19

I told my light guy to order these today but now having second thoughts about the breakfast nook light. Our kitchen, family room and breakfast nook are all open to one another. The island is 4x14 ft and breakfast nook is 14x16 ft. I have chosen This Troy pendant, two of them, for over the island. They are 22 inches in diameter and almost 3 ft tall. Ceilings in kitchen area are 12 ft with coffered ceiling. Ceilings in breakfast nook are 10 ft. I am debating between these two... The finish is very similar so it is more a style difference. I am going for a "updated traditional bordering on transitional" style if there is such a thing. Thanks in advance!

Pendant light. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Soho light
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Manhattan light

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me decide which chandelier for breakfast nook... Quick

I think the lines in the Soho light relate better to the lines in your pendants. So that's the one I'd choose. I think your choices are fabulous.

o

I agree- soho!

o

I agree too. SoHo.

o

Another vote for SoHo. Lovely!

o

So ho has the curves that tie in with the pendants. The Manhattan does not.

o

I just love singing in the chorus. "So.....ho!!"

o

SoHo and those are lovely pendants.

o

also agree on soho, man that sounds like a HUGE kitchen and eat in area. Must show pics.

o

I can't wait to see your kitchen!

o

All are lovely. Love that finish! I agree that the Soho I coordinates better with the pendants.

Sure it will look great!

o

I like the manhattan! It is a cleaner look imo. How big is your dining table in breakfast nook? Soho looks larger.

o

I'm likin' the Manhattan too. The SoHo is a little old fashioned looking to me. The Manhattan has a more contemporary vib in my view. I recognize that the Soho's curves relate to the cylinder pendants but the style doesn'nt IMHO. Best of luck in these choices, they will be wonderful.

o

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your feedback. I have decided on Soho - that's what my gut said, and most of you guys, too. I am posting my first mood board so you guys can let me know what you think. I have already ordered cabinets and lights. The granite will be chosen later, but I want it to be light with lots of movement with greys/taupe and some black. I love the delicatus that I have seen in showrooms, but I have had no luck finding it at the suppliers in this area.

I have no idea what finish I should use on my cabinet hardware. I think I am going to use a handle or bar on both the top cabs and drawers. What do you guys think? I am using antique pewter hardware on the interior doors of the house, but there are not many doors in view of the kitchen area, so it doesn't have to match. The background color of the board is BM Revere Pewter... That is our paint color of tthe space.

I would love any feedback you guys have!

o

Very warm and classy looking. I love the lighting and agree that SoHo really compliments the pendants. I think it all works together beautifully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here