Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double drawer stack--whatcha got in there?

Posted by laughable (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 21:19

I'm in a muddle over drawer configurations. Do I "need" a double drawer stack for something in particular? Or will 3 and 4 drawer stacks be better? What are the best uses of those deep double drawer stacks?

It took me a bit, but I finally found this example on houzz:

Seems like most were 3's and 4's....hmmmmm?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double drawer stack--whatcha got in there?

These would be useful for your pots and pans - which would not fit in 3 or 4 drawer stacks. Also nesting prep bowls, Colander, Salad Spinner, etc. What do you use on a regular basis that would not fit in 3 or 4 drawer stacks? Many use drawers for their dishes and glassware too.

IMO, the 4 drawer stack holds very little and I would need fewer of those - if any.

o

I like the deep drawers. I have doubles and triples and they are great. In the triple stacks, I use 2 drawers for dishes (plates, bowls, platters, etc). In another triple stack, I use the deep drawers to store my DD collection of tall canteens and thermos'. In the double stack, I use one drawer for pots and the other drawer for prep items such as cutting boards (standing on edge instead of lying flat), colander, electric can opener, hand mixer, mini chopper, etc. these items would not fit as nicely in a less deep drawer (such as a 4 drawer stack).

o

I have a double drawer stack for my pots and pans.

DSC00796 photo file_zpsdc2cb21e.jpg

Also a smaller double stack to the left of my fridge. In the top drawer we keep all of our snacks and bread in the bottom drawer. These are great. I wish they were a bit wider but that's all we could fit there.

DSC00754 photo file_zps286c8dc3.jpg

o

It really depends on the interior drawer space. I have 95% drawers in my kitchen. They are all 3 drawer stacks, except one that is 4. My nested prep bowls and tallest stock pot fit in the 3 drawer stack. The 4 is, from too to bottom, spice drawer, dish towels, immersion blender, hand mixer, etc..., and the bottom drawer is empty- too much space in new kitchen!

o

Thanks everyone! Must be my stock pots are on the shorter side. It looks like they'll all fit inside a 12" drawer. This is good news for my kitchen, since the space is filling up quickly. I could only hope to have too much leftover with empty drawers. Ha!

I appreciate all the info. It gives me some good ideas for filling my (kitchen) drawers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here