Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
extra shelve in cabinet

Posted by Marion13 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 21:10

I am about to go in and order my cabinets. Right now besides the bottom shelve, I have 3 other shelves.
I find the top shelve although not high good for christmas cups and small plates or mugs not often used. My cabinet guy said its not often asked for me he can get me a few. Do you guys think its a good idea?

sammad2@aol.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: extra shelve in cabinet

Oh yeah. Extra shelves are wonderful.

o

Yes!

o

Yes! 6 years after our remodel we tweaked every shelf cabinet, lower and upper, to maximize storage. I was able to order shelves for the extra space created and I love the way we were able to maximize the use of our space. Whenever I open a cabinet door and see the space being used efficiently I feel the same sense of accomplishment and satisfacation that I felt when our kitchen remodel was first completed.

I love having flexibility in the kitchen. Adding and subtracting shelves is a great way to have the kitchen grow with changing needs. Even though our kitchen was finished in 2005, it still feels brand new to me. Whenever I consider buying something new for the kitchen I know I can fit it into the kitchen somewhere. I can adjust shelves or pull outs to make the space work well (I am so glad I don't have all drawers!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here