Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does your page look different?

Posted by riverhouse_designs (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 21:01

When I connected to Kitchen Forum tonight, the page has a different appearance. The font is new and so is background. I was wondering if this change is site wide or if I did something to internet settings that caused the change. What has been your experience tonight?
Warm regards

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does your page look different?

I just signed on and also had a new font and background. (Now I see there was an earlier posting about it, though).

This post was edited by Kellysar on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 21:18

o

New font and layout, unfortunately, and ads that block what posters are saying as well as their pics. This new GW is awful!!! To the GW admins: Please undo these changes! The ads are even more obnoxious than they used to be. I'm afraid more than a few people will abandon ship because of these changes.

o

Yes more pop ups and ads than ever and I also find the ads are covering the text and pictures in the posts.
Hope it's just a glitch and hope they fix it so I get emails when I request notice of a reply.

o

I tried to post a topic and when I clicked "preview message" , it went to the home page of Gardenweb (the Garden site) instead of the preview page. I cannot figure out how to fix it. I am on a Mac and running Leopard. Is my operating system outdated for this new Gardenweb overhaul?

o

Oh! And I hope someone in the front office is looking at these posts and can fix this. I emailed them on their contact site but have heard nothing thus far!

o

I'm running the "Ghostery" add-on with Firefox; it blocks ads, but more importantly to me, it also blocks a number of web trackers. I highly recommend it, especially if you're having trouble with ads running over posts.

o

I feel bad. I have always made fun of GW for looking like it's using vintage software, but everything they try to upgrade it I dislike it and complain.

Bring back retro-GW!

(I don't have an ad problem since I block them (which is why my say shouldn't matter to GW) but I sure do have a LOT of blank screen. Stop makin' me scroll!)

o

I don't mind the new look at all.

I do wonder why the posts are constrained to about 2/3 the width of the two vertical lines. Is that empty space for ads, either upcoming or mercifully blocked by my software?

o

********I hope everyone who dislikes the new format contacts GW Administration to let them know! I sent my complaints in yesterday and will do so again today.

Below is a link to the announcement of the new format and future changes. There is a spot to contact them to complain. Personally, I strongly dislike the new font, small font size, light blue thread colors on the homepage, and how much scrolling I have to do. Being on the ipad, I cannot simply change the font and size like some of you can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read this announcement and COMPLAIN!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here