Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kippee_gw

marble fabricator Northern Virginia/DC

kippee
14 years ago

Can anyone recommend a fabricator for marble repair in Northern Virginia, DC or Maryland? Thanks so much.

Comments (13)

• starfish24
    14 years ago

Try GLB in Alexandria. Did a beautiful job with our marble and granite (and we'll be using them for some repair work caused by others' errors).

• kippee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Starfish. Was there a particular fabricator you would recommend?

• azstoneconsulting
    14 years ago

John Cogswell in Palmyra = Cogswell Marble & Granite - the guy is AMAZING!!!!

hth

kevin

• kippee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kevin,
    Thank you. I tried calling him but got a disconnected number.(I had searched for an earlier post of yours.) Do you have a current number for him? He is about 2 hours away, which may be too far for him, but I'd be willing to try.

• azstoneconsulting
    14 years ago

Here's John's info:

Cogswell Stone
    861 Lake Monticello Rd.
    Palmyra, VA 22963
    USA
    Voice: (434) 589-9661
    Web Page: http://www.cogswellstone.com

Say hi to John for me - I saw him at StonExpo this past October and
    he was doing well - When you call - you may get his wife Lisa - she is
    one FANTASTIC COOK!!!

John and Lisa are WAY COOL people - check out his showroom pics on his website -
    John DEFINITELY "GETS IT" when it comes to having a really user friendly showroon
    and shop......

John was also the very FIRST Fabricator to become MIA ACCREDITED - I have
    been an Accrediation Inspector for MIA since the program started, and I can
    tell you that achieving what Cogswell Stone has done through becoming an
    Accredited Company that's a member of the MIA is no easy thing - less than
    5% of all MIA Fabricators are able to have the title of "Accredited" on their business....

Try him - it'll be worth the call - I can assure you....

hth

kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Cogswell Stone's Web Site

• archnista
    14 years ago

I ALWAYS use Granite Source in chantilly, va...they are a fabricator and carry their own stones, but also can get stones from Marble Systems, which has just about any marble you'd ever want. Ask for Jesse (Jessica) at Granite Source, she's great....you can go view stones there or at Marble Systems (ask for Ericka)...if you pick a stone at Marble Systems, just tell Jesse from Granite Source and they will have it shipped over.....tell them Deana sent you!

• kippee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Kevin. I will try him tomorrow. Deana, I appreciate Your recommendation also. My marble needs repair so I may try Granite Source. Kippee

• Buehl
    14 years ago

Um...stay away from Granite Source in Chantilly, VA. It would take several long paragraphs to list all that they did wrong or went wrong (all their fault!). [From templating through installations (yes, plural...my blood still boils when I think of their arrogance and ineptitude!)]

Yes, Jesse was nice on the phone, but she didn't do the work (nor does being "nice" mean a good job).

I'm still not completely happy with the final result but it's livable.

• kippee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If John doesn't come up to N. Va. to correct a bad install from another company, is there anyone in the area who is consistency well regarded?

• archnista
    14 years ago

Im sure every company will have customers that have had negative experiences, but as someone who has used Granite Source for the last 4 years on numerous renovations, then I think I would be a little more adequate to give them a recommendation, which I still do!

• Buehl
    14 years ago

Actually, I'm not the only one. Granite Source was dropped as a fabricator/installer by my kitchen company b/c of so many complaints...

• kippee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about Marble Medic in Fairfax?

• kippee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

John Cogswell unfortunately doesn't work in Northern Virginia. Does anyone have any experience with Marblex, Flintstone or Marble Doctor?