Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use cabinets by Wolf?

Posted by htumgr (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 12 at 21:00

We're just starting what is to be a mid-range kitchen and master bath renovation. Our GC recommended kitchen cabinets by Wolf and, based on info on the website, (see link below), these seem to be a good product at a good price. We haven't had a chance to visit the showroom yet to see what they're actually like, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with this brand and can recommend for or against. All comments or alternate suggestions will be most appreciated.

http://www.wolfhomeproducts.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use cabinets by Wolf?

These are not bad cabinets, but not really intended for the mid range remodel market. These are currently sitting in a warehouse- what you see is what you get. These cabinets were introduced for the investment property/ flipping market. Most mid range remodels go for a cabinet with a lifetime warranty and more design options/ flexibility. You may not get much feedback on them as they are fairly new, and more of a regional thing.

o

Wolf is a wholesaler of products to retail stores. They are trying to get more brand name recognition and use their name for the cabinets. They also sell to retail stores Aristokraft (who does not want to deal directly with stores who are not large volume buyers) Norcraft (the parent company of Starmak, Fieldstone, Ultrakraft, and Europa)

The Wolf Classic cabinet is intended to compete against chinese and the instock market in general. A kitchen and bath dealer has to request permision to sell each brand that wolf represents. I for example on sell the contractors choice line of aristokraft, the wolf classic and the Palette bath furniture they changed the name to Wolf recently which is really foremost industies bath line. Wolf distributing is in York Pa and they sell to retailers on the East coast for the most part.

The entire book for wolf is about 20 pages long. My semi custom companies that are like woodmark and kraftmaid are about 400 pages long to give you an idea of how constrained the choices are. There are 3 door styles in 2-3 colors each. Plywood construction is the only way it comes. I find the drawers tend to bind when sliding they did not allow for them to adjust to changes in width as it moves so it tends to bind from time to time. A dealer with a display has a better cost on it then a dealer without a display as well.

I do not like the texture of the wood drawers either. The shaker door style does not have a shaker crown molding either. You can get 30,36, and 42 wall cabinets.

As long as you are looking for a basic layout you can do any average kitchen in a single family home.

On average it is close to the price of woodmark and the sister company names. Which means most people are spending 2,500 to 6,000 for an entire kitchen. Some extremes would be more or less.

If you want something American made that looks okay and you need it fairly cheap it is a decent thing to consider.

The mitered doorstyles do not have the tightest miters out there.

o

Htumgr,
Did you purchase the Wolf cabinets. If so, what do you think?

o

i recently brought in the Wolf Classic line and invested in a display,
what should i say, very disappointed, the quality is poor, having issues with almost every customer i sold it to,

the company rep was very helpful to repalce them, but this ruins my reputation,
the chineese cabinets we offer are better quality, its a shame to call it "made in the USA",

i suggest you to pay few dollars more and get a good product,

o

I purchased cabinets through Wolf Cabinetry & Granite in Palatine, IL. The quality is just OK, nothing great...but they were cheap. The pullout trash cabinet keeps falling apart (poor design). The door hinges and drawer tracks were put on very sloppily. All of my doors and drawers were crooked. I had to remove and remount several of the door hinges and drawer tracks because they were not level. I would not recommend these cabinets nor would I recommend the company in Palatine that I bought them from. You get what you pay for.

o

A little late here but I just in case anyone is reading this who is considering Wolf - my advice is DO NOT USE WOLF. I just had an awful experience with them...I posted the details here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0709575111628.html

o

Yes, familiar with Wolf Classic Cabinets. Yes, made FOR Wolf in the US BY www.kountrywood.com. Quality ... "Ehhh" ... better can be had. Was not impressed. Another option was found at www.wholesalecustomcabinetry.com.

o

jerry_h, went to your another option website and used their online estimate tool and most expensive of all estimates that I received from others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here