Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
km5tq

Does anyone have River White or Monte Bello granite? pics please

km5tq
14 years ago

I'm narrowing our granite choices down to 3. One of our choices is Bianco Romano, but it is easy to find online and on GW.

I saw one image of a counter top with River White, and it looked real pretty. Monte Bello is impossible to find. I want to buy some tile in these colors, but just can't locate the Monte Bello.

I hope someone has some pics to show.

Comments (12)

• doraville
    14 years ago

If you like all three, why not start considering other features such as absorbency. That info is hard to find - I know since I've tried to find out after having my granite installed recently. While my granite is beautiful it soaks up liquid like a sponge. I'm going to do my own sealing soon and am hoping it just wasn't sealed properly.

• km5tq
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've narrowed it down to the three because they fit our budget. I've only seen images not the actual slabs. Due to being home bound, I can't go to a granite yard and view the slabs. I'm relying on the kind members here and my DH.
    I just need to see some actual kitchen pictures with the 3 colors we like. I'm kinda afraid that they may be too white for our white cabinets. We will glaze the cabinets with a complimentary glaze.

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

Maybe Monte Bello is also called by a different name? The River White is really pretty.
    {{!gwi}}

• positano
    14 years ago

I fell in love with monte bello after seeing it in gretal7's kitchen a few years back. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. She said it had a little bit of olive in it. I really loved it. If you found it that's great. Where are you located?

It is the granite on the island. I goggled monte bello granite garden web and found it in someone's clippings.Scroll down halfway in the link. For some reason when I click on it to open and see all the comments it won't work.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clippings from Simoneb

• doraville
    14 years ago

That monte bello is very pretty!

• megradek
    14 years ago

I think I might have erased my pics I took of river white - sorry! but here's a pic of silver moon, which really looks similar, so who knows, maybe even the same rock! I ended up with a different stone, but I still really love this one.

• km5tq
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Wow! I love the pictures. So glad to see the Monte Bello in a kitchen design. My cabinets will be white also.
    The only thing that concerns me is that we want to go with cool colors like a cool,icy taupe,blues and silver/gray's.
    Want to use the taupe for the walls. In the picture,it does show up with a little olive color to it. Wonder how that would work in our color scheme. The River White is really a light color,but think it might work.

The location of the Monte Bello slab is Tulsa, Ok.

Thanks for the pictures. More please.

• chris45ny
    14 years ago

Agree that husband should take sample of cabinet door to the granite yard. We did that and took lots of pictures. Everyone's kitchen gets different light so what would look good in one might not look good in another. Think your color scheme sounds really nice.

Am bumping up this post in hopes you will get more responses, hopefully some with pics.

Good luck!!

• azmelt
    14 years ago

We just made a decision on our granite--we also have white cabinets (pure) and an espresso island. I couldn't decide between White River and Kodiak, but finally chose Kodiak because the White River was gorgeous, but with our cabinets, seemed somewhat cold-looking. It was a tough choice--they had White River in leather, and it was SPECTACULAR!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Taniamekv, I love your kitchen's painted white doors in the BM Dove White pain with the beautiful River White granite counters! Thank you for sharing.

• Muffett
    10 years ago

I used Moon Light in my white kitchen. It has wine/garnet spots with gray and white undertones. I believe it is similar color wise to River White but doesn't have as much movement.