Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melinrk_gw

French Country Kitchen-pictures, prices & phone numbers

melinrk
14 years ago

DETAILS:

CABINETS Brookhaven, Pelham Manor raised door style. Cherry stain with charcoal glaze. Includes all panels & mouldings

HARDWARE - Spanish Gothic by Hickory Hardware

ISLAND Â custom

REFRIGERATOR HANDLES Â custom

HOOD Â custom made by GC, plus mouldings to match cabinets

APPLIANCES Â

Rangetop, Dacor 6-burner EG366SCH/NG

Dishwasher, Miele G2183SCVI, paneled

Fridge/Freezer, Kitchenaid 42' 25cu side by Side KSS042FTX, paneled

Trash Compactor, Kitchenaid 15' KUCS03FTPA

Single wall oven, Kitchenaid KEBS107SS

Built in Microwave, Kitchenaid KBHS109SS

Vent, Prestige 1200cfm UIB34S2

GRANITE Â Gold & Silver (or Golden Silver)double arch edge (counters, inside sink & window sills), 3 window sills & cut in drain board

PLUMBING Â

Sink  Kohler Undertone large D-bowl 37½'x 18½'x9½' K3185

Faucet  Show House by Moen Waterhill Wrought Iron 1-handle w/side spray S711WR

Soap Dispenser  Moen 3942BL

Insta Hot  Insinkerator Indulge Antique Dispenser F-GN22-MBLK

Disposal  Insinkerator, 1 horse power Pro-XL, continuous feed

Pot Filler  Danze Opulence single handle wall mount D205557BS

BACKSPLASH Â Tin ceiling design #209, stainless steel with flat moulding #903 for behind cooktop

COSTS:

***We sold our old kitchen on CraigÂs List for $1500***

Cabinets - $25,500

Hardware - $475

Appliances - $14,000

Island - $3,200

Refrigerator Handles - $600

Hood  $300 plus some painting costs, plus the mouldings, included in cabinet price

Granite (perimeter) Â $5000 (included 3 window sills & drain board)

Granite (island) - $850

Pot Filler - $233

Sink - $675

Faucet - $416

Disposal - $400

Soap Dispenser - $82

Insta Hot - $590

Window treatments for 2 new windows - $604

Backsplash (materials)- $1000

Backsplash (labor)- $750

Floors refinished - $1000

Contractor fee - $4250 Â worth every penny

The prices above are breakdowns within the total.

TOTAL - 78,335.72

CONTACT INFO:

Contractor  Angelo Menna of Menna Building Corp. 845- 469-8606

***Love, love & love some more***

Cabinets - In House Kitchen Bath Home, NY, NY www.inhousekbh.com Jaynez@inhousekbh.com Jayne Zeigler 212-686-2016

Appliances  Silver City, Spring Valley, NY Bruce Rabinowitz

Hardware - Shophickoryhardware.com

Island  Belmonte & Sablich, Garnerville, NY John Belmonte 845-429-3101

Refrigerator Handles  Eric David Laxman, Garnerville, NY 845-304-7615 ericdavidlaxman.com

**He also did a copper countertop for us for a piece of furniture that is stunning. The cost was almost â of the cost of BrookÂs Custom in Mt. Kisco.

Plumbing  John M. Hartel & Co, Pearl River, NY 845-735-3752

Backsplash  Classic Ceilings Classicceilings.com 800-992-8700

Granite  Barocco Marble & Granite, Chestnut Ridge, NY 845-426-7290

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comments (50)

• zeebee
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Beautiful. I love the richness of the cabinetry and the tin backsplash.

• jenva2010
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! I especially love the island and the refrigerator handles.

• busybme
    14 years ago

You have a beautiful new kitchen! Did you bump out the back wall (where the door is shown on your first picture)?

I'm sure you will enjoy cooking in that space! Congrats!

Sandy

• country_smile
    14 years ago

It is lovely - I like the contrasting rich color of the island. Thanks for listing prices - it may be helpful to those in the planning stages.

• westsider40
    14 years ago

It is beautiful, Melinda. The woods are so rich and that hood over the range is perfectly proportioned for the room. It is so airy feeling with interesting things to see everywhere you look. Very lovely. au revoir

• willowdecor
    14 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! What an incredible transformation!!
    Great job!!! Really amazing!!
    xx-Willow

• laxsupermom
    14 years ago

Gorgeous!! I love everything you chose. Your cabs are such a deep rich color and I love how you reworked the far wall with the windows framing out the cooktop. Your GC was such a bargain and obviously did a fabulous job.

And a big ol' thank you for posting the $ figures. I remember when rmkitchen did just that, thinking I wish more posters would have the guts to put the numbers out there.

Enjoy your beautiful new space!

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful space! I love the addition of the windows. Did you bump back a wall or borrow from another room? I love the richness of your cabinets and your granite is Stunning! Great Job, lovely space.

• autumngal
    14 years ago

Stunning! Congratulations on an amazing kitchen, enjoy it, you deserve it!

• kitchen_angst
    14 years ago

Lovely! Could I ask for more details about your hood? Was it really $300? It is stunning.

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Wow! It looks twice as big! It's really rich and beautiful...great job!

Kat :)

• malhgold
    14 years ago

Great job! Love all the unique and personal touches you have. Nice blend of textures and colors. Enjoy your new space!!

• blessedathome
    14 years ago

Beautiful kitchen!

• melinrk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THANKS to all of you for the nice sentiments.
    We are loving it.

Although it's always lovely to hear that people like your stuff, :) here on GW, I know that everyone APPRECIATES what we have done, whether they like your finished product or not. I think that's pretty cool.

laxsupermom & country_smile: Thanks for understanding why I posted the prices. I'm sure I'll get some flack here for boasting about what I spent, or something like that. I really did it to help others. When I first started my kitchen, I asked friends what they spent on theirs. Some told me, some did not. I wish more had been forthcoming about actual prices. With that said, I am in a suburb of New York City - and the prices reflect that.

Yes...the space is different than the original kitchen. Behind the original was a small powder room and tiny laundry room. Each had a window in it. First we did a small addition on the other side of the house for a powder room and big laundry room, then we knocked down the wall and opened up the space. We actually had to move both windows several inches - annoying but well worth it to achieve the symetry needed.

Kitchen_angst: Yes, it really did cost $300 to build the hood. My GC did it himself and charged me a days labor. He made it out of wood, put masonite on top, then sheetrock. He literally created it in my garage and then on the wall. We knew what shape and approximate size we wanted, so we had ordered appropriate moulding. After sheetrocking, it was plastered that cool texture, then painted the same yellow as the walls and then had a glaze applied. With the mouldings and finish - more than $300, but I don't have those specs as they were rolled into the costs of the cabinets & painting respectively.

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

G O R G E O U S!!

LOVE the warm woods, the tin backsplash and the hood (drool)! What's even better to hear is that you had a great GC experience.

• rosiew
    14 years ago

So much to love about your kitchen! I'd love to see an up-close picture of your backsplash and what pattern and finish it is. Have already ordered Class Ceilings catalog.

The detailed information is so helpful. And the details amazing. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Rosie

• melinrk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Rosie - Here is the up close & personal view of the backsplash pattern:

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Ooh, very pretty, melinrk. Everything about your kitchen is pretty. I really like what you did.

• liztwo
    14 years ago

Wow, can I have your old kitchen?

• ncamy
    14 years ago

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing all the details including the prices. It helps so much to put things in perspective. I'll admit when I read the individual item prices I was thinking, "Oh that's not too bad." Then when I got to the final figure it was a big ole reality check.

• scootermom
    14 years ago

Beautiful kitchen...those photos make me want to run my hands over that gorgeous wood.

I agree with ncamy, the individual line items didn't seem like all that much, but somehow, it adds up, doesn't it? melnrk, thank you for posting prices. That is a huge reality check for those of us still in the planning stages!! And congratulations to you on an amazing new kitchen...enjoy it! I would be twirling around in all that spaciousness!

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful. Love those cabinets.

• motherof3
    14 years ago

melinrk - Your kitchen is beautiful. I love the color of the cabinets and your island. Thank you for listing the prices. I am also in the tri-state area (Fairfield County,CT) and it helps to see price comparisons. Can I ask if your contractor fee included all the labor for plumbing, cabinet installation, electrical etc?

Thanks,
    motherof3

• mamabirrd
    14 years ago

Wow, what a transformation melinrk! Although your old kitchen was nice (and the new owners got a good deal IMO!), your new one is so magnificent! The good craftsmanship is quite apparent and it truly looks like a space you would see in a magazine. Just fabulous!

Love those fridge handles! Gorgeous.

I also love your island and am curious about the dimensions. Would you also be able to give me the distance between the island and surrounding cabinets?

Although the space has a warm, cozy feel.......it also looks so open and airy.

Love it! Congratulations.

• chicagoans
    14 years ago

Very lovely kitchen! I think it's great that you posted the prices. It's a good reality check for many people. Although some people are able to do their kitchens for a lot less, this gives an idea of what the elements may cost.

Our kitchen reno was part of a fairly large (1100 sq ft) addition, that included demo'ing the kitchen and 4 baths. We had BIG sticker shock initially, but when we dug into the pieces we saw how and where it all added up. So I think it's great that you gave the price breakdown.

Once again, lovely kitchen!

• michellemarie
    14 years ago

Very very pretty. I am hoping if you get time you can post a close up of the granite. I am doing cherry cabinets with a similar stain and your granite looks like something I may consider. Thanks.

• oldhousegal
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Warm and Inviting. I think if I had a kitchen like that I'd want to cook all the time!

• megradek
    14 years ago

what a beautiful space you've created. The backsplash is gorgeous and I love how you stair-stepped it around the hood area. CHEERS!!

• kodak1
    14 years ago

I absolutely love your kitchen. Everything about it is beautiful and it's very similar to what I am looking for. I am in the process of planning my new kitchen and I appreciate you listing all the breakdowns and prices. I live 20 minutes from NYC (in Queens) and it's great to have the prices listed for comparison.
    I should be getting some quotes back this week on Medallion, Luxor and Plain and Fancy cabinets. Would you mind telling me the size of your kitchen and a possible breakdown of the size and types of cabinets you purchased? This will help me to see if the quotes I get back are reasonable.
    Thank you so much for help.

• baquinn
    14 years ago

Beautiful kitchen!! I am in the planning stages for a new kitchen (including a small addition), and I do have to admit to some sticker shock when I saw your bottom line price (thanks for posting them). A question: the line item costs you list add up to about $20K less than your total costs---what did the other $20,000 go towards? Did some of that pay for the addition, wall removal, etc? Are you happy with Brookhaven cabinets? How many linear feet do you have?---Thanks! and enjoy your new space!

• melinrk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

kodak1...my kitchen is 17' on the sink side, 11' on the oven/fridge side by 13 1/2' wide.
    Going from the bottom, left and around (to the right of the sink), 21" cabinet, DW, 33" sink base w/4" bump outs on either side, trash compactor, 2-30" cabinets, corner super susan, 21" drawer set, 36" under range top cabinets w/4" bump outs on either side, 21" drawer set, corner super susan, 15" drawer set, wall ovens w/33" drawer under, then fridge.
    Uppers are (starting at same point) 40" cabinet, window, 2-42" cabinets, 18" cabinet with filler at end, back wall is just hood & wwall & windows, filler at corner, 33" cabinet, 15" cabinet, 33" cabinet above wall oven, then fridge. All lower cabinets have pull outs, above fridge has dividers. PHEW!!!

baquinn...I can understand wondering where the rest of that money went. :) We did a 180 sq. foot addition first to house the new powder room and laundry room that we had to take out ot make more kitchen. Some of the pricing, like electrical, painting, dry wall, removing the wall, adding a little hard wood flooring where the old laundry room was, demo of the old kitchen, plumbing labor, was together with the addition. So I don't really have breakdowns for those things. It VERY quickly adds up.

I LOVE my Brookhaven cabinets, thy are gorgeous and I smile at them every day. I would definately get them again.

• danielle84
    14 years ago

Amazing, Well done. Congrats on a job well done.

• kodak1
    14 years ago

Thank you for for all of the measurements. I'm still waiting on the quotes. Did you price any other cabinet brands?

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Gorgeous backsplash and granite. Really a nice look with all the elements--totally pulled together and warm looking. Especially love that patterned backsplash!

• cj47
    14 years ago

Oh, that backsplash! And the hood, wow. That's just an eye-popping transformation. The before picture looks nice enough, and then when you scroll down....wham! Beautiful, just beautiful.

Cj

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

melinrk, bumping up your gorgeous kitchen, which I, too missed the first (and clearly second!) time around. It's really beautiful and I especially love the graduated tin backsplash - very unique. Your island is also adorable.

Thks for posting on the other thread or I would have continued to miss this; hoping others will see as well (and yes all the details are GREAT :-)

Eliz

• prairie-girl
    13 years ago

Wow, absolutely lovely! My favourite part is the tin backsplash, and I think your curtains are really sweet! Do you perhaps have a close-up of the fabric and/or curtains?
    Thank you, and Congrats!
    ~Missy

• wallycat
    13 years ago

WOW. Impressive!!!

I love looking at concepts that aren't in my line of thinking because it opens up new/fresh ideas.
    Your kitchen is spectacular!

Do you love your Dacor rangetop?? It looks very similar to the GE monogram I am planning to get.

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

The former kitchen was nice and I like the cabinets better than the oak laminate ones I have that I am looking to change.

But this new kitchen is beautiful. I always love cabinets that have a cherry stain on them. I love the gorgeous granite. I love how the cabinets go up to the ceiling with the crown molding and you put molding around the ceiling to match on the areas without cabinets. I especially love having all that light from the windows and all those recessed lights.

Thanks for sharing.

• marthavila
    13 years ago

Melinrk, your kitchen is sooo lovely! The cabs, backsplash, granite, hood -- well all of it, really, is gorgeous! And the space expansion- just fantastic! Thanks so much as well for providing all the cost breakdowns. Congratulations and enjoy!

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Wow! I don't know how I missed this one before! It is really, really beautiful! You must be in LOVE--I know I would be! Seriously, how is this even the same kitchen??

Wowwowowowowowowow! Congratulations and enjoy your spectacular new kitchen!

BTW--really great breakdown of info that is very, very helpful! :^)

• rmkitchen
    13 years ago

Me too -- I don't know how I missed your fabulous kitchen and, quite frankly, equally fabulous and forthright description. I SO APPRECIATE when finished kitchens have their info listed, and the fact that you listed prices is so incredibly helpful to anyone / everyone planning a kitchen.

Beautiful kitchen -- congratulations & thank you for sharing!

• melinrk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys!

wallycat...I do love the Dacor rangetop. The heat output is terrific - everything is very even. I like the way it looks (we didn't want something as industrial looking as the Wolf), I like the way the knobs light up blue when the burner is on (helps me & my kids remember to turn it off)...all positive.

prairie-girls...the fabric is Waverly. I know it is discontinued, because when we needed to make the valences for these curtains (the rest of the kitchen had them already from several years back), my curtain place couldn't get the fabric. However...my husband let his fingers do the walking around the internet and found the fabric easily. And it was cheap. I want to say Ebay, but it might have just been a fabric sight. Do a google image search for Waverly yellow and blue fabric and you'll probably find it pretty easily.

• atlbeardie
    13 years ago

Can't figure out how I missed this the first time around. Must have been one of those crazy weeks when I wasn't able to get on line much.

Anyway, great kitchen and wonderful transformation -- although as others have said, your orginal kitchen was really not that bad!

Love all of the details that you posted and am sure they will prove helpful to many people.

• prairie-girl
    13 years ago

Thank you, melinrk. I believe I've found it! :o)

• steff_1
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is just beautiful. Love that hood so much it's going in my inspiration file. The island is just right for the space.

All of the detailed info will be very helpful to anyone with budget questions.

• Gena Hooper
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the hood and the backsplash. So elegant. I appreciate your taking the time to note all the facts and figures as well. I think they're such help to folks who're researching!

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

Very classy!

• judydel
    13 years ago

melinrk,

I some how must have missed your reveal. WOWSA! Your kitchen is gorgeous. If I had seen yours before I did mine . . . I might have gone with cherry instead of white! Just beautiful. I love the way the cabinets, hardware, floors, granite and backsplash work together. And the paint color and valences are perfect. Hope you're enjoying it : )

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler