Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
finished kitchen

Posted by lzydogrnch (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 16, 10 at 20:56

Okay, after several years on this site-I think I figured out how to put a picture up-though it's very small. I'll post more details soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: ranch kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: finished kitchen

How awesome! Love it!

o

beautiful transformation. you must be thrilled!

o

WOW! Love the corrugated tin ceiling. A friend's husband wants to do that in their living room.

o

Stunning! Everything is so beautiful!

o

Well, that is one gorgeous kitchen! Now, you must share the details!

o

Oh wow! I love it! Love the grain of the wood and the vibrant island. Absolutely gorgeous!

o

I love your beautiful bright blue island--so fun and cheery!

o

So many beautiful cabinets! Enjoy all that storage space!

o

Great kitchen -- love the daring turquoise, the tin ceiling -- is that a copper backsplash?

Oh, and the ranch hands. They're awful handsome, too!

o

Is that a straw bale house? Tell us details!
Loved the hand/arm coming up out of the sink.

o

I had to laugh when I saw the arm in the sink. So "Thing" from the Addams Family must live with you, huh? :)
Neat kitchen.

o

Love it!

o

Cool! I am loving the happy torquoise center island and the warmth of the Saltillo tiles!

o

What a great space! So much storage. Love the wood graining on the cabinets and the pop of color in the island. Beautifully done! Enjoy your new kitchen!!!

o

Very fun, different and lovely! I'll bet you are really enjoying your new space! Congrats!

o

Perfect! I love it...well done!! Your floor is beautiful. :)

o

I love your kitchen and your creativity...especially the turquoise island and carvings on the door. Enjoy!

o

We built this strawbale house ourselves 14 years ago. Now it is more of a vacation place. At least for the next couple of years. It is in Dripping Springs-outside of Austin. The kitchen has had many lives, but this is the grand finale. I worked with a designer from Wilson appliance who was awesome. However the price tag for cabinets was way too high so we hired a local guy from Buda. he was half the price of Brookhaven.
Here's the details-
Hickory Cabs-natural stain, blumotion everything, all drawer lowers, pull out pantry, lockers in laundry. etc. Lots of custom for the curvy walls.
Island color-Riviera Paradise-Behr-(HD is the closest place)(inspiration from Phoenix H&G July 2007

Granite-Black Pearl and Green Galaxy on island. We finally found a single slab 108" x 90" out of Nebraska with Midwest Granite. We wanted to do a chisled edge, but it was too dangerous with the toddlers.

Backplash-copper

Appliances-GE induction cooktop, sharp microwave drawer, triple wall ovens, refrig all from Wilson. Extra frig in LR. and 380 bottle wine frig from an auction.

Vent hood from Ebay,

Sink-Kitchen from Sienna Sink, LR sink from ebay.

Faucet-Pegasus

Favorites-induction cooktop, the island, all the storage, pull out pantry and appliance garage, outlet on island.

Things I'd rethink- refigerator GE Monogram- i was bedazzed by the clearance,old model price that I took it sight unseen. Inside-the crisper has a 1/2 shelf inside that is totally useless. I would have gone bigger too.
Bigger vent-cooktop and vent are both 36". Larger would have pulled more- but for $500, I am very happy.
sink in kitchen- scratched during first use-but it's giant and i like it.
Probably should of put in a compactor.

We are really happy, and it really makes the house look finished.
Thanks for all the support from Garden Web. i tell everyone about this site. We have a place in Clear Lake now and I've been helping the neighbors with Hurricane Ike rebuilds. They love this site as well.

Thanks!

PS I'll take any suggestions for cabinet pulls. I still can't find what i like!!!!

o

that's a wow of a kitchen - so much personality! great job!

o

Amazing ranch kitchen.
I love the floor tiles combined with the cabinets
and especially the polished granite with these
warm elements. Earthy, warm, inviting, homey, sweet,
yummy, comforting, beautiful and refreshing.
I can just imagine eating Barbeque steak and sitting at
the island. And sipping a margarita while chommping on
fries. Smelling the delicious ranch dip and veggies.
Feeling the warmth of the room and inviting nature
of the wood. Truly beautiful.

Yes, this is the place we gardenwebbers need to meet
for a party.
I am inviting myself. : ) Barbeque Party anyone????
~boxerpups

o

Thank you so much for the warm fuzzies!-yes definitely barbeque (though we are vegetarians-we still can make some mean fajitas) and cold margaritas anytime!
We are currently working on the kitchen in Houston so i'll need much more advice!

o

Ooohhh so sorry. Here is a great dish, my vegan girlfriend
makes this.

Hickory smoked tofu, and a bourbon based barbecue sauce

We can still party.
~boxer

o

Of course, my favorite are the 2 adorable island 'decorations'! The arm out of the sink drain is a little creepy, though. :-)

What a very nice improvement. The island is a fantastic color. I love your oven set up...1 'regular' and 2 small. I thought there should be an oven and a half option, but yours is a great solution!

o

Love it! So perfect for the surroundings.

Love that outdoor space with the view too,
is that Hill country?

o
RE: PS I'll take any suggestions for cabinet pulls. I still can't

Adore this remarkable kitchen you've created.
Suggest you start a new thread for your pulls.

Rosie

o

Really love this kitchen, especially the island color.

For pulls, you might look at some of the wonderful shops in your area and do a combination of different looks. There are some great Mexican iron pulls at the local import shops, too.

o

Ummmm Boxerpups, I'm going to need that tofu recipe ASAP! We usually grill for others and live off the rice and beans, etc. But that looks yummy!
Thanks for the pull advice. Our house is what I call TexMex. lots of Mexican art. I'll look for some iron things.

o

bump!
I want to ensure this thread doesn't scroll off before your kitchen is archived in the FKB. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here