Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
molly_phillips5546059

Is Brizo worth the extra $$ over Delta?

Molly Phillips
11 years ago

After MUCH deliberation (why is this so difficult? I know, first world problems, but still....) I'm debating between the Brizo Solna and Delta Trinsic.

There's not a huge difference between the look but there is somewhat of a cost savings if I go with the Delta over the Brizo.

Is there any real benefit to upgrading to the higher priced, Delta owned, Brizo? Or should I use those (much needed) cost savings in another area of the reno?

Comments (17)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I bought the Brizo because there was no visible line that showed the spray head. I loved the way it tucked up inside the faucet neck. It's me. It's part of the definition of TKO.

Photo

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

I've bought Delta and Brizo for bathrooms for the new house. The "innards" are the same. Same valves for showers.
    I went with Brizo for the single handle lav faucets in polished nickel. Delta doesnt have that finish. I definaltly love the snap up magnetic spray nozzel on the Delta Brizo kichen faucets. If you are not compromising a finish issue to go with Delta I would buy Delta.

• gin_gin
    11 years ago

Beekeeperswife, I like the Brizo for exactly the same reason, so it's not just you! I'm only in the early planning stage, but I may already be on my way to TKO.

• darbebo
    6 years ago

what's TKO?

• taranator N
    6 years ago

My friend had nothing but problems with her Brizo, but her Delta faucets have held up super well. It is making me rethink my plans...

• Grace Chen
    4 years ago

Hello everyone. In need of your experience with those who have Brizo Solna and/or Delta Trinsic kitchen faucets? We are about the select our kitchen faucets and I cannot seems to find much reviews for Brizo, but quite a few for Delta.

• PRO
    MGM Designs
    3 years ago

@Grace Chen i agree. I am currently doing my own house reno and i think i am going with the Odin @Brizo Faucet, over the Trinsic @Delta Faucet. Most reviews on that faucet were related to leaks after a few months or a year, the handle becoming loose and not a nice finish (if you are going with gold). I am thinking because delta is more known for less modern faucets that still work great, they let it up to Brizo to perfect their modern look line. But i guess it's your luck what you get shipped. However, i would like to have more reviews from users for the Brizo especially with the price tag associated with their products.

@beekeeperswife i know its an old thread but how is your Brizo holding up?

• Grace Chen
    3 years ago

We finished our renovation about a year ago, and went with the Brizo Litze touch sense line, I love it, and no issues so far (knock on wood). It’s only been a year, so fingers crossed that it will holdup for many more years until our next kitchen remodel.

• Deana
    2 years ago

@MGM Designs - Which faucet did you decide on? I'm in the same exact dilemma as you! I also like the Solna, but was worried someone in my household might break the hidden pull-out with some force eventually.

• Filoli317 Lee
    2 years ago

I bought the Brizo Levoir widespread faucet and shower valve. They look great and function beautifully and have a great finish. Nice clean design and classier so worth it in my book. No problems and have had it almost 3 years.

• jfield123
    2 years ago

Love the Levoir collection! That's what I'm hoping to use - just hoping shipping times aren't too long.

• krispy9
    2 years ago

Our current house has the Delta Trinsic and we’ve had it for 5 yrs now and have had zero issues. We have it on a/c power too.

Now planning to build a new home and thinking about switching up things but love the Delta customer service experience overall and I hope Brizo is worth the $$$

• brenmp
    last year

I put brizo in my new bathrooms 3 years ago. They just look so expensive and high end. The plumber was happy for installation purposes. He says they are a great brand, and 3 years later i agree. 1 year ago we gutted and remodeled our kitchen. I definitely went with the rich look of Brizo again. I bought the faucet, soap dispenser and pot filler. I get so many compliments. You cannot beat the retraction magnet on the faucet for delta or brizo. I have owned both brands. If you are tight on your budget go with delta. I see my kitchen faucet as the focal point and was not willing to sacrifice on the gorgeous look brizo provided.

• Helen
    last year

Although it is likely that the original poster might have replaced whatever fixtures she selected, I would add that Delta is a high quality product and the sole reason to "upgrade" to Brizo would be aesthetics.

If you can afford it without sacrificing other elements of your remodel, then why not as most people wouldn't be at this site asking questions if we didn't care about aesthetics passionately.

When I remodeled I opted for "expensive" fixtures based on aesthetics (and of course functionality and quality) and haven't regretted it.

On the other hand, prior to the remodel my kitchen sink was the ugliest standard cheap Moen faucet and it last for years without issues of any kind.

Also when allocating money in terms of priorities some elements can not be changed easily and other elements are relatively easy to change. A kitchen faucet is easily changed whereas flooring or cabinets aren't.

• shmock
    23 days ago

All these years later I am having the same issue. Trying to decide between the Delta Trinsic and the Brizo Odin. I like the asthetics of the Odin a bit more but there is quite a cost difference. I've had a Brizo faucet in my kitchen for about 8 years. The cartridge recently broke but we had the same good customer servcive experiene as we've had with any delta product needing new parts. Can those of you that posted in earlier years of this thread tell me what you ended up with and any regrets about saving with Delta or spending with Brizo?

• Rachel
    23 days ago

I have the Delta Trinsic in champagne bronze and I really like it aesthetically and functionally. I do agree that the Brizo looks a bit more sexy. Only you can decide if it is worth the $$$.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia