Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
devofei

Kitchen cabinets-ever heard of these?

devofei
11 years ago

Hi all!
We are looking to do major renovations due to damage to our home from hurricane sandy:( I hope to make things bigger and better!
To begin with, kitchen cabinets opinions please. From the 2 kitchen people we've gone to we've gathered these company names. I would love to hear any positive or/and negative experiences on them. Or also if you have a great experience with your cabinet company not listed that would be great!

The look we are going for is traditional and we want it to last. We are not looking for cheap but would like to try and stay in the semi-custom department. I would like a lighter color stain, something not too honey-ish with a dark glaze for contrast.

They are:
Embassy by Omega
Executive cabinetry
Benedittini
Kitchen Kraft
Ovation

Thank you!

Comments (6)

• angela12345
    11 years ago

I talk (a lot!!) about my cabinets in this thread . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0206313721622.html

• davidindc
    11 years ago

I signed up with Benedettini last summer to try to find a higher quality company from my mid grade made to order company turned out a step in the wrong direction. I did a painted kitchen and the have replaced all the doors and drawer fronts twice in 5 months for the paint peeling when it gets wet. It was my second kitchen with the customers the first was a white chinese cabinet that did not peel.

The factory told me to F off that paint peeling from moisture is not covered in the warranty. They were many other things they were doing which were not minding the store so to speak on my orders. I did about 4 orders with them and gave up and went back to who I was using before.

I had called many times to speak to the person who sent me an email saying they would not warranty the peeling. He never returned my calls then my sales rep quit them also. This as last Nov - Dec

• live_wire_oak
    11 years ago

I'm currently in the process of setting up a showroom with Dynasty/Embassy by Omega cabinets. They are beautiful! The finish has a subtle sheen that's just perfect. We don't have counters yet so their "innards" are on display for everyone to see. The beaded inset doors that I chose for the main display have attracted all kinds of positive comments from the various tradesmen in and out of the building during the process. My installers have a lot of experience and have installed a lot of cabinets over the years, and the highest praise that I can hear about any cabinet from them is, "I'd put that in my house." These receive that approval from a picky bunch.

I'm dealing with an "issue" right now where the main wall in the U shaped display was constructed 9" shorter than the plans indicated. (NEVER order cabinets before you can take a final measure of the actual space! I know better and I still got pushed into doing this because of the "schedule".) Anyway, that meant reordering 2 cabinets, one "regular" Dynasty, and 1 custom Omega for the now custom sized gap in the run where a larger cabinet had to be jettisoned. The replacement Dynasty came in 2 1/2 weeks, which was ahead of schedule. And the Omega one should be on next week's truck, again ahead of the "estimated" replacement time.

Their customer service can't be beat. Everyone there knows their stuff well, and is super helpful in getting me what I needed. When a spec book is over 900 pages and the line is new to you, believe me, you have questions about all of the 600 options available to choose from for each cabinet. And they have always given me the info that I've needed in one call. None of the "let me call you back".

And I can't say enough about their packaging! For the replacement cabinet, a simple 14" wide vanity cabinet, the box that held it was about 3x as big, double boxed with padding in between, placed on the center of a pallet so as not to contact anything else during shipping and strapped down fully. Even the cabinets in the original shipment had the most padding I've seen ever. No shipping damage at all on anything.

I could get you some "in progress" pics on Monday if you'd like to see. I can't currently remember the doorstyle names, but the main run is a beaded inset modified Shaker in white paint with a partial overlay desk area done in the Porch Swing on cherry and a navy blue island.

• aries61
    11 years ago

live_wire_oak.. I would like to see pictures.

• live_wire_oak
    11 years ago

OK, I'll take some pics on Monday and do a separate "in progress" post. It's been interesting, for sure! Pros aren't immune to the vagaries of the construction process that's for sure.

• devofei
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That sucks @davidindc! Thanks for that info though!

@live_wire_oak I would also love to see some of the pics. Another kitchen salesperson told me she also recommends Omega.