Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ivytrail_gw

Looking for backsplash tile advice

ivytrail
10 years ago

I am looking for some opinions/advice on choosing backsplash tile. I am not changing the maple cabinets or oak floor in the kitchen. New countertopsare installed, which are Formica Ideal Edge in ivory kashmire. I have had many tiles at home - and am trying to balance all of the wood in the room and hoping to choose something that not only looks good against the countertop but also against the cabinets. Many have looked pinky- beige next to the counter. Many that look good with the counter just add more brown to the room against the cabinets. I'm not a fan of busy, multicolored backsplashes. I seem to be down to two choices, basic almond and another that blends with the countertop without any conflicting undertones. They both come in subway sized tile. My concern about the almond is that it is so plain, but at least it won't look brown against the cabinets. My concern on the second one is that it will add more tan and brown into the room wheras at least the almond gives a visual break.

The link below will take you to my photobucket pictures. Thank you one and all for any advice!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen

This post was edited by ivytrail on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 14:00

Comments (3)

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

I can't view your photos.

• eam44
    10 years ago

jelly, I could only view one without putting my info in. I'm not doing that. Ivy, read the stickie at the top of the Kitchens Forum and get back to us with images. And provide a budget in $/sf if possibe. Are you keeping that 4" backsplash?

• ivytrail
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dear readers,
    I ammended my first post - now the link at the bottom, 'my kitchen' , goes straight to the photobucket pictures. The close up showing a wallpaper border would be covered with tile once the backsplash is up. Definitely trying to keep costs reasonable, under $10 sf which both of these are.