Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raised panel dishwasher

Posted by nhbaskets (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 13, 14 at 20:35

We hope to have a raised dishwasher with cabinet panel in our new kitchen. Any idea how to handle what would normally be the toe kick if the DW were on the floor? Looking on Houzz I see pictures with drawers immediate beneath the DW, which is what I was hoping to do. The cabinetmaker we met with this week had never done a raised DW so was unclear how it would work. We plan to have inset cabinets.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raised panel dishwasher

How high off the floor is it? I've never heard or seen such an application w/drawer underneath, but it sounds neat.

o

Hi patty, I'm thinking 8-10 inches off the floor. The purpose would be to make it easier to load/unload as we age. Not getting any younger!

This is an example.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Did you find any pictures with the drawer open?

I have no actual knowledge, just guessing. Maybe the drawer front is made high enough to hide the toe kick??

o

I'm not able to find any photos with the drawer open. This shows a rail under the bottom of the DW and then the drawer. The issue the cabinetmaker was unclear on was having adequate clearance for the DW door to open without hitting the rail or drawer.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Did you find a solution?

I don't know why, but I received the e mail copy of your post of Feb. 14, only 2 hours ago.

Anyway, if you haven't reached an answer yet, maybe opening a new tread indicating you need help regarding the cabinet may attract the attention of the pros in the forum, or you can try the appliances forum.

o

We had a raised dishwasher in our previous home and it is the one thing I truly miss! Our dishwasher was in a wall oven cabinet with a nice, deep drawer underneath. As you can see in the photo, our dishwasher cabinet had the same toe kick as the rest of the cabinets

o

Thanks for the suggestion, sena. We have not reached a resolution on this yet.

fishy mom, did you have any issues with the cabinet directly underneath the bottom of the DW. Our cabinetmaker is concerned about the door rubbing the cabinet if it is flush with the DW door. Does that make sense?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here