Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzienj

Show off your Kitchen Faucet- mid price

suzienj
15 years ago

Looking for a kitchen faucet- tell me what you have- approx how much $$ and what do you like about it? thank you!!

Comments (36)

• mom2reese
    15 years ago

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Kohler Karbon faucet. It only works in a contemporary kitchen, though.

I love its lines and it fits perfectly in my kitchen, echoing the lines of my appliance & door hardware.

I also love that for once, I didn't have to choose form over function. I thought I would miss having a pull-out sprayer, but the Karbon works wonderfully because of its articulating joints. There's not a single square inch of my sink that I can't get to (and I have a fairly large double sink that's 33" wide and 10" deep). Even better is that it holds the position I put it in, so it's handy for filling tall vases, carafes, etc. I have a potfiller behind my rangetop, and I forget to use it because I automatically start using the Karbon.

I paid $650 for it online last summer. Not the cheapest faucet, but way cheaper than the $1200 Waterstone faucet I had been eyeing, LOL.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Video that sold me on the Karbon

• redroze
    15 years ago

I love my Danze Opulence faucets. They've been installed for half a year and they work wonderfully. They were very affordable from Quality Bath.

Faucet with sidespray, $336.70. Bar faucet, $172.25. Soap dispensers, 2 for $96.20 total.

• caryscott
    15 years ago

Not sure about the cover for the spray button but other than that it has been great and it is very substantial. Sinks are not that deep and she hasn't had any problesm with splashing. Goose neck is great for washing larger items. Lever handle is also easy to use and much more practical than separate taps.

Item:
    "Old Fashioned" Single Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet (#USPW591)
    Supplier:
    Home Depot
    Manufacturer:
    Pegasus (Paini Spa Rubinetterie)
    Manufacturing Region:
    Italy
    Specs:
    15-1/2" spout height
    9-1/2" spout reach
    Lever handle
    Brushed Nickel
    Solid Brass Construction
    Ceramic disc cartridge
    Dual mode spray
    Cost:
    $125 Â Home Depot list price: $249.99 (anywhere from $340.00 to $447.00 on-line)
    Warranty:
    Lifetime

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

I'm thrilled with my new faucet - Delta Pilar. Uses touch technology to turn it on or off. Understands the difference between a touch and a grab (so that one can turn the faucet). Has a pull out sprayer which docks nicely. And, I like that the lever is separate - doesn't get caught on the backspash cap/ledge behind it (or window sills, as a friend discovered).
    In the $600 range. I bought my two soap dispensers at Home Depot for $14 each.

• abbycat9990
    15 years ago

Here's a distant shot of out hansgrohge faucet from Expo. Very simple, sleek and functional, and its low profile keeps it out of the window view. It was love at first sight for both DH and I--and it was on special too! It cost around $220 I think (can't find receipt):

And here's the Contempro (uh, can't remember which brand--maybe Kohler?) from Lowes ($125) in the laundry room. Works great. DD loves when we wash her hair using the pull-down sprayer-LOL!:

• charlikin
    15 years ago

Love my faucet! It's a Blanco Aires pull-out. No black rubber or plastic button for the sprayer - you just press on the top part of the faucet head to turn on the sprayer (you can do it with the side of your hand while your holding other things) and the sprayer locks on. You can turn off the sprayer then by twisting the top of the head, or it turns off automatically when you turn off the water. I also love the loop handle (which you can't really see in my picture) more than I thought I would.

The faucet reminds me of a *much* more expensive KWC in both form and function. The KWC was over $600, but this Blanco was only $240 (purchased online).

{{!gwi}}

• steff_1
    15 years ago

I found this on ebay for about $179 including shipping. It's on display in the DR until we install

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet

• Buehl
    15 years ago

So...how do you define "mid price"? You might get a lot more responses if you defined it...

Other?

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Cifial Highlands, cost about $500 IIRC.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Well...here are mine...

Main Sink...Kohler Vinnata full size in brushed nickel, I paid $493.02 @ FaucetDirect:

Prep Sink...Kohler Fairfax in brushed nickel, I paid $305.87 @ EXPO Design Center:

In both pictures:

Kohler Soap Dispenser in brushed nickel, I paid $54.48 each @ EXPO

Kohler DuoStrainer w/tailpiece in SS (in prep sink & small bowl of main sink), I paid $99.36 each @ FaucetDirect

Main sink also has a Kohler Disposer Flange in brushed SS, I paid $25.01 @ FaucetDirect

No tax or shipping for any of the above.

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

charlikin... how do you turn your faucet on? I don't see a lever? Is the a soap dispenser to the side of it? WOw... I really can't wait to see if our kitchens will end up looking related! I even like your tastes in faucets!

• marciag
    15 years ago

I guess mine is low price-to-midprice. It was about $225 at faucet depot,including soap dispenser--Delta Allora. I love it--looks great, has a nice spray that is easy off and on with a rocker switch. Lots of room under the faucet.

• charlikin
    15 years ago

Wow, that was a really bad picture for showing off the faucet! Okay, after I paint, I'm going to have to take some better-staged photos to show off all the cool things in my kitchen in a way that actually shows what they look like. LOL!

The faucet has the standard lever-type handle - in the photo it's just so foreshortened that you can't see it! It's actually a loop lever with a kind of contemporary hard edge to the loop. Here's another bad photo, as well as a link to better (commercial) pictures:

{{gwi:1579756}}

And yes, that's a Blanco soap dispenser on the right. Love the soap dispenser! It's the type that fills from the top rather than the bottom - very easy to refill, and the spout is long enough to reach comfortably into the sink.

I can't wait to see your kitchen - whatever color the cabinets turn out to be!!! ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Aires faucet

• jejvtr
    15 years ago

Love my Franke faucet -
    lever controls spray feature no need to hold down button -
    pull out, easy to use,
    I think around $450

Here is a link that might be useful: franke

• glad
    15 years ago

Grohe Alira; cost about $300. I love the high arc faucets, but wanted to keep my paper towel holder undercabinet, limiting options. Still plenty high enough to fit pots under.

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

Would I sound like a poor excuse for Paris Hilton if I said that Franke faucet is HOT!

• dollfanz
    15 years ago

Danze Sirius with square side spray. $270ish. I think I got it from plumbingsupply.com. It has a flat square shape to it. It might be a bit modern for some peoples taste but it fits our kitchen style. Kitchen still a work in progress.

• joann23456
    15 years ago

Dollfanz, I *love* that faucet! Wouldn't fit my house or my kitchen at all, but I think it looks terrific!

• dollfanz
    15 years ago

Thank you Joann23456. I see a lot of polishing in my future. LOL.

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Loving it, Hansgrohe Allegro Gourmet, $440 + tax.
    vic

• jejvtr
    15 years ago

No remodel you wouldn't sound Paris like
    Just TKO!!!

• secondlouise
    15 years ago

Glad: Would you please share the name of your granite? Thank you.

• ccc123
    15 years ago

Dollfanz --

Beautiful contemporary faucet! By the way, is your sink a white blanco silgranite? How do you like it?

Thanks,
    ccc123

• jtsgranite4us
    15 years ago

We have the Hansgrohe Talis S pull-out faucet. It projects out 9". I believe we paid $300 for it.

We didn't want a real high faucet and this one fits perfectly.

• muscat
    15 years ago

I'll second a vote for the Hansgrohe Allegro Gourmet. Been installed for about a year, and I love it. I got it online (ebay) for $299+ $20 for shipping. (Steel optic finish)

• dollfanz
    15 years ago

CC123, that is actually a zero radius stainless steel sink. Got it off ebay for 300.00. I guess it looks white from the angle of the camera and the flash.

• mom2reese
    15 years ago

Dollfanz - I love that faucet! I bought the lavatory version in satin nickel for my powder room. It looks really stunning in your kitchen.

• holligator
    15 years ago

I LOVE my Kohler Vinnata faucets! (see Buehl's post for a pic) We have the regular one at our clean-up sink and the secondary one at our prep sink. They are one of my favorite features of my new kitchen. The pull-out function is wonderful, and the spray option makes my life easier. I also love he brushed nickel finish, which doesn't show water spots like my old chrome faucet that I was constantly wiping down.

• datura-07
    15 years ago

vicnsb,
    how far does your faucet pull out?

thanks

• harriethomeowner
    15 years ago

We haven't installed it yet so don't know how well it works, but this is ours (about $240 at HD).

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Solidad

• emknc
    15 years ago

Glad, can you tell me some details about your backsplash tiles? I really like the beveled edge detail, but we're aiming for a honed or matte finish. If you can tell me the brand/style of yours, I can search to see if alternative finishes are available. TIA!

• gwnovice
    15 years ago

We are happy with our stainless Delta Uptown faucet--it came with a matching soap dispenser and was around $180 at Home Depot.

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

datura-07, its about 19 inches to end of spray head.
    vic

• raehelen
    15 years ago

I have a Blanco Rados. Whether it's mid-price or not depends on where you buy it. (What is it with the high variance in prices out there?) Listed at ~ $900 at HD, I found it online as low as $391, and I paid about $225 (I think) at HD Canada's daily online auction.

I love the high gooseneck- love the pulldown sprayer- and really like the heft of it. Couldn't believe how big/heavy it was when I took it out of the box (had bought it without ever seeing it in person). But now, don't even think about the size. Definitely one of the best buys/decisions I made in this reno! BTW, I bought the HD soap dispenser for $14. The fellow at HD was the one who convinced me. I was there to buy the matching Blanco one for over $200- it was going to be special order so he suggested I try the $14- looks almost exactly the same and works like a charm!

• cjacker
    15 years ago

I started looking for a kitchen faucet today and came upon this thread. Just btt to get more ideas as I'm at a loss as to what I want. Thanks, Jeanie

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

Someone asked about Delta on another thread - I love my Delta Leland pullout. Still on sale for less than $300 at FaucetDepot with code delta2009