Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grneyesct

Name this tile shape & Where to buy?

grneyesct
13 years ago

Hi folks - I'm looking for common names for this shape of tile. Arabesque is the only name I can recall at the moment.. but I remember it being called another name. Any links to places to buy would also be helpful!

Comments (15)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

I'm using something very similar but a bit more rustic made by Tabarka, fior my MBA vanity top. Also try exquisite surfaces. I think it is Moroccan?

• Maureen Dimitri
    13 years ago

beekeeperswife has this tile...see link and maybe you can email her or direct post to her

Here is a link that might be useful: backsplash

• sandn
    13 years ago

Yes, a beautiful shape--one of many repeating, interlocking geometric patterns used decoratively in Mughal art and architecture and collectively referred to as Arabesque. Sometimes Arabesco.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mission Stone and Tile

• worldmom
    13 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this. (link to mission stone tile)

Wow!

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Mine are from Mission Stone & Tile. Beveled Arabesque tile, available in white and off white.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Also check out Ken Mason Tile. I had sent an inquiry to them when I thought that I might not win my backsplash, they were very nice. They have different varieties of arabsque tile, including mine I think now. They do have flatter ones. Also, they sometimes have "overruns", so it's worthwhile to contact them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ken Mason

• grneyesct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bee - Thank you! I'll email them later. I also found some at Home Depot but they are only 2.5 inches and are referred to as "lantern" tiles...

We really dont have too much square footage to tile as windows take up a good portion of our wall space - approx 23sq feet. So hopefully if there is a tile I fall in love with. I can convince DH that a couple hundred bucks extra wont hurt *grin*

~ D ~

• workingondreamhouse
    13 years ago

Bee- I have long admired your fabulous backsplash, I love the arabesque shape and yours is such a sleek use of these tiles. Although, I wonder, if you actually cook on that gorgeous range, how to you keep the massive amounts of white grout so sparkling clean? I am terrified of all the grout!

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

to workingon-

Cooking lots here!

Used a grout recommended by Bill V. (Latricrete Permacolor, I think) He said that lots of grouts are a little off white but this one wasn't. It is a true white. Easy to clean if it gets sauce on it. Just use a little oxy clean.

Oh, and I did just see Mission have this on sale for around $13 sq foot. Not sure if the sale is still on or not.

Thanks for the kind words

• senator13
    13 years ago

Someone posted a couple weeks ago that Overstock has some similar ones too.

Here is a link that might be useful: SomerTile-Lantern-White-Glazed-Porcelain

• slonewby
    12 years ago

I just ordered a sample of it from Mosaic Tile Stone. If you use the coupon code "Backsplash", it comes to 19.95 per square foot ($14.95 for a sample)....I had the same question Bee, is it easy to keep clean? We have alot of dust (live on a ranch) and I'm not sure if I could keep all of those bevels sparkling!

• ultraindigo137
    9 years ago

I think some people call it "mission tile".

• cawaps
    9 years ago

Fireclay tile calls theirs Ogee.

• texaspenny
    9 years ago

Hopefully the OP is still not looking for this tile 4 years later.