Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaslists2000

Stages 45 Sink Installed and LOVE it!

lisaslists2000
14 years ago

OK. I feel close to you all like I could invite you over if my house wasn't perfect. Some have asked about the sink, so here's a couple of messy pictures. No doors yet on the cabs, but you can see how the accessory rack works. It's so good to have water in the kitchen again. Now we're totally functional, although not totally finished! I've done the first load of dishes in the dishwasher. I love the faucet. Someone asked about it. It's from overstock. It does not have a spray, but I have played around with it and don't feel I need one. I have the tap master installed and love it, too. This will all be repeated in a later finished kitchen post, lol, but here's the preview.

Lisa

Comments (18)

• Christine Clemens
    14 years ago

Wow! Now that's a sink!

Are those two 24'' cabinets?

You are doing an amazing job with everything.

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

GLORIOUS!!!!!!!

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Lisa -- it is beee-u-ti-ful! Thank you for posting! What kind of faucet is that -- did you put it in the middle of the basin itself?

What is your countertop?

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!

• lisaslists2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks all. Yes Odie, those are 2 24" cabs, lol. RJR, I did put the faucet in the middle of the basin which just happened to be in the middle of the windows. The faucet is a Vigo - available from overstock. search for it there, and you'll find it. I really like the spring thing because even though it's a pull down/out whatever, I can just swivel and bend and it reaches just about all I need to. The counters are black silestone. Tao is the color. Although there are a couple of counter issues, the sink cutout is perfect. Just what I wanted. Just a teensy of a reveal over the ledge that is supposed to be there.
    Lisa

• plllog
    14 years ago

Oh, it looks great in!! May you be renewed.

But, where's the diving board?

• amberley
    14 years ago

I hear the hallelujah chorus...that sink is awesome! I peeked in my Shaws box today, so I am getting giddy about my sink too (now if could just figure out those goofy floors...).

can't wait to see the rest of your progress! When do you think you will be done?

• Sherri Stein
    14 years ago

I'm jealous - we have drawings but don't have permits yet. Beautiful!!! How do you like your tap master? How does it work with faucet? which type did you get? I want one !

• carecooks
    14 years ago

Lisa,

So glad that you like it. The kitchen is really coming together. I'm planning on getting a Tapmaster to go with my Stages as well. Which tapmaster did you get? And by the way, Congratulations!

Care

• westsider40
    14 years ago

Lisa, that is one gorgeous sink. It sings 'modern'. Beautiful, highly functional, and I'm very jealous. I wish I had the space.

I think that sinks and trash should be treated as an 'appliance' because they are often the most used feature in the kitchen. People have come into the kitchen with something to throw away, and ask where's the garbage. No food involved, just trash. And it's at least a daily thing, as opposed to an oven, which often is not used daily. Refrigerator and trash, daily, and all day long. Not oven.

• barb4000
    14 years ago

Lisa,
    whoops, I'm new to posting/using this forum and asked you on a different thread whether you'd installed your sink - only after did I come upon this thread. Your kitchen looks great - congratulations!
    A question about the sink - do you find you use the shelf part? We don't have room for the 45; am wondering whether to go with one huge sink, or with the Stages33 to get that shelf...
    thanks,
    Barbara

• prill
    14 years ago

WOW - that's one SINK! Beautiful and so functional. And now you can do dishes!

• neesie
    14 years ago

Have fun with your new sink; it looks like everything is on the verge of coming together!

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Lisa -- you know I'm at the faucet pondering stage. Do you like yours, do you feel that one faucet is adequate to reach both corners?

• rtorgy1
    14 years ago

I love your sink! I wish I would have gotten that one- I love me a big sink!

• jakkom
    14 years ago

Wow, what a brilliant idea to use two 24" cabs for that sink. And I LOVE that sink!!!!

I'm so jealous, with "only" a 33 single and no drainboard, sniffle, sniffle...

• lisaslists2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

jkom51, idea came from ikeafans hacker forum, lol. can't take credit.

rjr, i responded privately, I think. I love my faucet. The spring makes it fun to bounce around and clean up,the pullout works for ledge,and i haven't missed the sprayer function at all.

Barbara, i do use the ledge. I've always wanted a place to put hand washed stuff. It was that or a dishrack or grooves in the countertop. I don't know if the 33 would be big enough. definitely consider the size of the bowl before making a decision.

Thank you all for your comments!
    Lisa - still loving it a week or 2 later,lol.

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

It's awesome--absolutely awesome! Love it! Now wishing my little 36" was just a bit longer!

• dredpir8
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting. We've decided to get the same sink and I was nervous about it before I looked at yours. Also glad you're using only the one faucet. I'd seen some with two faucets and that seemed a bit much.