Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your top 3 pikcs for 30'' vent over Berta 30"? Please help

Posted by thedork (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 20:11

I know Vent-a-hood is very good but don't want to spend $2500 on a hood. Zephyr? I need a more suggestions please. The range will be 30" Bertazzoni. The kitchen is not super modern - transitional style. I like wall mount chimney style.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your top 3 pikcs for 30'' vent over Berta 30"? Please he

You don't have to spend $2500 for a 30" Ventahood. Here's one that is 630 cfms, and is $1300, the PRH18M30SS. Another 30" hood would be the Broan E6030SS which has 600 cfms for $1350. I like these two cause they are 24" deep, so will provide exhaust coverage over your front burners. They also have baffle filters which I prefer to mesh filters. The Zephyr brand that you mentioned I believe makes their 30" hoods only with mesh filters.

The Broan hood requires your exhaust duct to be a 10" diameter, while the Ventahood only requires your duct to be 6" diameter. However, the Broan will be quieter and more efficient because the duct is bigger.

There's also the Kobe CH100DC, but it has 1000 cfms, which may require you to have make-up air, which can be very expensive.

This post was edited by akchicago on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 1:18

o
RE: Your top 3 pikcs for 30'' vent over Berta 30"? Please help

Thank you very much for the great info! I didn't realize the filters are so different.

o
RE: Your top 3 pikcs for 30'' vent over Berta 30"? Please help

We are doing a 30" Zephyr Savona hood in our new kitchen. Hasn't been installed yet, but we loved the look and the price was pretty reasonable at our local appliance store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zephyr Savona

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here