Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Number of drawers for base recommedations

Posted by front (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 19:56

I'm trying to finalize my kitchen order. I want to go mainly with all drawer base cabinets. My base cabinets are as follows:

1-15"
1-18"
1-21"
1- 27"
1-30"

Is 15" too small for an all drawer base?

The 18" base I was thinking of going with a 4 drawer unit. Is this a good idea?

What about the other sizes? Should I go with 3 drawer or 2 drawer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Number of drawers for base recommedations

Depends on what you are going to store in each one. Typically 2 drwr is for pots and pans and would be one of the wider bases.

I've planned in a 4 drawer, 18" base.

o

What's a good option for the 15"? It is next to the stove.

o

If I had 15" next to the stove, I'd put in (actually, I did put in) a condiment pull-out, like this:

o

Do wall ovens radiate sufficient heat on the sides to degrade or damage ingredients stored adjacent to them? I was planning to do a pull out, just like this, for cooking spice and other ingredients. Though, I was concerned about heat.

thx!
:D

o

front - it really depends on what you need to store. I can't suggest highly enough that you take an inventory of what you have and begin to lay out where those things would be best stored. From there, you can begin to determine your best layout for the drawers. We have no way of knowing from your description where those stacks are other than the 15" one, nor do we know what you keep and need to store. Personally, if I had a 15" by a range, I would probably store hot pads, a trivet or two, often used cooking utensils and some spices. Since most of those things are rather flat, probably a 4-drawer stack would work well.

o

I ended up putting mostly tupperware in my 15" drawer base next to the range. Also pot holders and some spices.

I originally planned on this being my baking supply drawer stack but it just didn't seem to work. Actually it is for the best as it keeps the flour and such away from the heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here