Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
counter depth appliances

Posted by patsyathome (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 19:56

Counter depth refrigerators are now fairly readily available. But what about gas ranges? Most of them stick out 3 to 5 inches past the counter edge. This can be an issue in L or U shaped kitchens and also smaller kitchens. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: counter depth appliances

My gas range (Wolf) sticks out about 1 1/4 inches tops past the cabinets, less from the counter edges. The handle and the bullnose above the controls stick out a bit further. I have a small kitchen and it is not an issue at all. The doors of my counter depth refrigerator stick out more.

o

It's a fire code issue. The doors will always stick out.

o

I'm looking at a bertazzoni range for this reason...

o

Some, like this Summit model are 24" deep or close to it, but the oven door is Inset, so it is surrounded by metal when closed or open. In other words there is not a seam on the side between the door and the carcass that is adjacent to a wooden cabinet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Summit range

o

Some ranges do stick out further than others; I did notice that when I was shopping and looked for one that didn't stick out as much. I don't like the other extreme (too flush) either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here