Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_sl

On emailing someone from the list

suzanne_sl
11 years ago

Remember that if you send someone an email, you need to check your settings so that they can reply to you. Otherwise the recipient gets this:

(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)

For Angela who wanted to know about our bamboo flooring:

When we bought the first batch of flooring a year ago October, it was called Eco Timber Woven Bamboo, Engineered, color: Toffee. We bought enough for all the public parts of the house - kitchen, DR, LR, and hall. We liked it so much, we bought more for the MBR in August of this past year, but it wasn't being sold as Eco Timber any more. This time it was called Eco Fusion Light Carbonized Engineered. Best we can tell it's the exact same product. It took some detective work to get that sorted out. The flooring place we really like and where we bought the original flooring doesn't carry Eco Fusion and didn't want to begin a business relationship with them, but were really helpful in finding someone who would be willing to ship it to us.

We have a sub-floor, so it's nailed down. We started this as a DIY, but were concerned that it exceeded our DIY skills in this area. Dan came and finished up the original batch and then came back 10 months later and did the BR. That was a good decision on our part. Dan knows his stuff.

We've been really pleased with this floor and it's holding up very well.

Comments (10)

• skeylargo
    11 years ago

suzannes1, what kind of cabinet do you have to the left of the fridge? Is it a full pullout? how wide is it? Is it useful? what do you keep in it? I am considering putting a fridge next to a doorway like yours and I was thinking that if I do that instead of just putting a small filler maybe I should put a pullout filler.

• suzanne_sl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That's a 12" cabinet with a 1" filler between it and the wall so the door will open properly. There's an acrylic bumper on the top door molding where the door opens into it. The top cabinet came with shelves, but we took them out to use it as a broom closet. The bottom cabinet is two deep drawers. I use them for Tupperware and such. Both cabinets are full depth.

I don't love the way the top cabinet is organized. I think it could be better. I do like that it's handy. The two bottom drawers are useful for the stray plastic stuff plus an extra plastic wrap box or two. They hold a lot. Overall, I'm OK with these cabinets, but not totally thrilled.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

You do not have to respond via email. If they are set up to be able to receive email, you can respond to them from their My Page the same way they emailed you.

P.S. I'm not the Angela that emailed her about the flooring

This post was edited by angela12345 on Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 18:44

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Angela, I'm here to tell you that doesn't always work, either.

I have all correspondence enabled. It's very hit or miss as to what actually gets sent to me. And it'll work for awhile, then not at all. As a matter of fact, I had to go back to a member page maybe 2 weeks ago to respond to someone and although I know they're around, I doubt they received my message.

Hint: Blum soft closers...

• angela12345
    11 years ago

LOL, I doubt "they" received it either !! I think they should check their spam box to see if it got sent to the wrong location . . . .

• angela12345
    11 years ago

I just did a test email to myself and did receive it into my regular inbox. However, our company was having issues a few weeks ago and was making various changes to the company filters to see what would work best. If some people had emailed me from GW during that time, it is possible it wouldn't have come through.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

OK. "They" did check their spam folders. "They" found emails from two of you. "They" are responding now. ;)

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Breezy,
    I was wondering if I had missed something.
    Angela & Breezy, contact me with how many.
    I'm not finding as many at the moment, but I pick them up when I do. :)

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Breezy,
    I was wondering if I had missed something.
    Angela & Breezy, contact me with how many.
    I'm not finding as many at the moment, but I pick them up when I do. :)

• skeylargo
    11 years ago

Thank you suzanne1. That is very helpful especially with the picture. I am going to check if there is some kind of pullout maybe that I could put next to the fridge.