Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doddfj_gw

Where to find quartzite?

doddfj
11 years ago

Hi all

Thanks to all for the the helpful advice everyone has given in this forum! I have been working on gut renovating a prewar apartment in NYC and it is finally starting to come together.

We're currently in the process of finding our countertops for the kitchen... and this is where my question comes in. Can anyone suggest a slab / stoneyard in the NYC area which carries Luce di Luna / White Macaubas quartzite? I've seen quite a few posts referencing availablity in the SF Bay area so I'm hoping that there are a few options in this area as well.

Also, I just saw the pictures that michoumonster posted of her kitchen and love the "cross cut" style of those counters (vs. the linear syle of many Luce di Luna slabs). I didn't know that type of "cut" existed! I believe Michelle16 also has a similar cut.

In any case, can someone recommend any stoneyards in the NYC area that carry that quartzite? Any that carry the "cross cut" style?

Thanks very much in advance and thanks to all for many other helpful tips along the way.

doddfj

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!