Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiko_gw

Large Reach In Pantry Pics - 55" Wide by 90" Tall

kiko_gw
11 years ago

Here are some pics of our large reach in pantry. I just thought I'd share it for organization ideas (and because I just redid my labels!). It has 5 shelves that are about 18 inches deep. The shelves are generally 13 inches apart (except for the unpainted one my husband added at the top to create tray storage for me). The top shelf has 20 inches of room and the bottom shelf (from floor to first shelf) has 24 inches of room. My husband added the light rope and an outlet for the wine fridge. We added the Elfa door racks originally to store wraps and dry goods but I decided later to use them for prettier items instead.

Here's a very old "before" pic.

This post was edited by kiko on Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 19:48

Comments (17)

• laughablemoments
    11 years ago

That must put a big smile on your face every time you open the doors. Nice job! : )

• plumberry
    11 years ago

Hi Kiko, nice job! can you let me know source and size of your containers? and a list of categories if possible?

• Seriously
    11 years ago

Yes more info please.

This post was edited by Seriously on Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 9:42

• Pattyjill
    11 years ago

Kiko, are those wire racks on doors? I love that idea for all my platters? And then I see storage on doors? for your plastic wrap and such. Nice job!!

• kiko_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pattyjill, the door racks are a combination of deep and shallow Elfa baskets in platinum. Actually, I *used* to use the Elfa system to store my wraps but decided later that I'd rather look at pretty plates instead!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Looks great and so organized. I bet you smile every time you open your doors!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Kiko That space is awesome! Thank you for sharing and for including all the details and sizes. Did the round containers come from the container store also? Do the chalk labels erase well? Small wine fridge in the pantry is genius! I don't think I have room for a regular under cabinet one, nor do I need a ton of bottles chilling at the same time so that might work. Can you please share the name brand and where you got it?
    Last but not least can you share a picture with the doors closed?

Thanks!

• iheartorganizing
    11 years ago

LOVE those bins! It looks so beautiful, organized and uniform! Great great job! Thanks so much for sharing!

xo,
    Jen

• tammyte
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness it is heavenly! So the shelves are 18" deep? Does that mean the pantry itself is even with standard 24" deep cabinets?

Thank you so much for sharing. I just love love love the clean look with the containers.

• Linda
    11 years ago

That is beautiful! Your pics are definitely in my inspiration file. Love the idea of using those transcluscent containers to hold the smaller items! Do you have a picture of the outside with the doors closed? My pantry area is about the same size, and I'm debating whether to replace the dedicated pantry cabinets currently there ($$$) or to do a reach-in like you have. Thanks!

• Linda
    11 years ago

One more question, how deep is your pantry? It looks like just a couple inches deeper than the 18" shelves, but perspective may be off?

• kiko_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Island, the round canisters are also from the Container Store a few years ago; they are the Click Clack Metallic 2.3 quart ones. The chalk labels do erase well (with a wet wipe). They can leave a residue on certain surfaces though (and you do have to let them dry for a minute to prevent smears). The wine fridge is the "Cuisinart Private Reserve Wine Cellar" and is about an 18 inch cube. It stores 16 bottles of wine. We only drink red wine so one temperature works for us.

I CAN'T BELIEVE JEN FROM IHEARTORGANIZING SAID GREAT GREAT JOB TO ME!! I feel like a celebrity, :). Absolutely LOVE her blog http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/

TammyTE, it is about 26 inches deep from the drywall and there is about a 1 inch "setback" on the left side to the cabinet bank with the double ovens and drawers and another 1 inch setback to the next set of cabinets with the cooktop. I think you can just barely make out the "setbacks" in this pic:

From Kitchen

Legallin, the pantry is about 26 inches deep (see comment/pic above to TammyTE for more details). The doors are just flat, hollow core doors. Each door is 24 inches wide by 80 inches high. I am looking to replace them with something more attractive or do something to make them more interesting, but I have no idea what.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jen's IHeartOrganizing Blog - :)

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

wow, that is the mot beautiful pantry i have ever seen!! i am stealing your legal file bins!!

• tammyte
    11 years ago

Thanks for the details!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Ahhh so you are the owner of the groovy and unique cabinets we've all been mulling over! Well now that I know what you can do with the inside of a pantry I have no doubt you'll make the outside look just as great. Thanks for the additional scoop on your canisters, etc.

• Linda
    11 years ago

Thank you! Your kitchen and home are beautiful, and I am definitely lusting after your pantry! Some day!