Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Large Reach In Pantry Pics - 55" Wide by 90" Tall

Posted by kiko (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 19:31

Here are some pics of our large reach in pantry. I just thought I'd share it for organization ideas (and because I just redid my labels!). It has 5 shelves that are about 18 inches deep. The shelves are generally 13 inches apart (except for the unpainted one my husband added at the top to create tray storage for me). The top shelf has 20 inches of room and the bottom shelf (from floor to first shelf) has 24 inches of room. My husband added the light rope and an outlet for the wine fridge. We added the Elfa door racks originally to store wraps and dry goods but I decided later to use them for prettier items instead.

Here's a very old "before" pic.

This post was edited by kiko on Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 19:48

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Large Reach In Pantry Pics - 55" Wide by 90" Tall

That must put a big smile on your face every time you open the doors. Nice job! : )

o

Hi Kiko, nice job! can you let me know source and size of your containers? and a list of categories if possible?

o

Yes more info please.

This post was edited by Seriously on Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 9:42

o

Plumberry, most of the containers are:

Desktop translucent desktop file boxes I got at the Container Store a few years ago. They are standard file size, 12 inches deep x 7 inches wide x about 10 inches high. The chalkboard labels are from Staples by Martha Stewart for Avery. I usually buy the chalk pens at Michaels (Chalk Ink wet wipe markers) but all the Michaels around here have been out of stock of them for so long that I finally broke down and bought a pen from Amazon (Uchida 480-C-0 Marvy Broad Point Tip Regular Bistro Chalk Marker, White). I like the Chalk Ink pens better than the Uchida ones.

The canisters are also from the Container Store a few years ago; they are the Click Clack Metallic 2.3 quart ones.

I have one medium Viola drawer organizer from the Container Store for the kids vitamins and gum.

I also have a "Simple Human Stainless Steel Upright Grocery Bag Holder" on the bottom shelf for grocery bags.

The two oversized boxes on the floor for snacks and trays were from Target a long time ago (originally for magazines I think).

o

Kiko, are those wire racks on doors? I love that idea for all my platters? And then I see storage on doors? for your plastic wrap and such. Nice job!!

o

Pattyjill, the door racks are a combination of deep and shallow Elfa baskets in platinum. Actually, I *used* to use the Elfa system to store my wraps but decided later that I'd rather look at pretty plates instead!

o

Looks great and so organized. I bet you smile every time you open your doors!

o

Kiko That space is awesome! Thank you for sharing and for including all the details and sizes. Did the round containers come from the container store also? Do the chalk labels erase well? Small wine fridge in the pantry is genius! I don't think I have room for a regular under cabinet one, nor do I need a ton of bottles chilling at the same time so that might work. Can you please share the name brand and where you got it?
Last but not least can you share a picture with the doors closed?

Thanks!

o

LOVE those bins! It looks so beautiful, organized and uniform! Great great job! Thanks so much for sharing!

xo,
Jen

o

Oh my goodness it is heavenly! So the shelves are 18" deep? Does that mean the pantry itself is even with standard 24" deep cabinets?

Thank you so much for sharing. I just love love love the clean look with the containers.

o

That is beautiful! Your pics are definitely in my inspiration file. Love the idea of using those transcluscent containers to hold the smaller items! Do you have a picture of the outside with the doors closed? My pantry area is about the same size, and I'm debating whether to replace the dedicated pantry cabinets currently there ($$$) or to do a reach-in like you have. Thanks!

o

One more question, how deep is your pantry? It looks like just a couple inches deeper than the 18" shelves, but perspective may be off?

o

Island, the round canisters are also from the Container Store a few years ago; they are the Click Clack Metallic 2.3 quart ones. The chalk labels do erase well (with a wet wipe). They can leave a residue on certain surfaces though (and you do have to let them dry for a minute to prevent smears). The wine fridge is the "Cuisinart Private Reserve Wine Cellar" and is about an 18 inch cube. It stores 16 bottles of wine. We only drink red wine so one temperature works for us.

I CAN'T BELIEVE JEN FROM IHEARTORGANIZING SAID GREAT GREAT JOB TO ME!! I feel like a celebrity, :). Absolutely LOVE her blog http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/

TammyTE, it is about 26 inches deep from the drywall and there is about a 1 inch "setback" on the left side to the cabinet bank with the double ovens and drawers and another 1 inch setback to the next set of cabinets with the cooktop. I think you can just barely make out the "setbacks" in this pic:

From Kitchen

Legallin, the pantry is about 26 inches deep (see comment/pic above to TammyTE for more details). The doors are just flat, hollow core doors. Each door is 24 inches wide by 80 inches high. I am looking to replace them with something more attractive or do something to make them more interesting, but I have no idea what.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jen's IHeartOrganizing Blog - :)

o

wow, that is the mot beautiful pantry i have ever seen!! i am stealing your legal file bins!!

o

Thanks for the details!

o

Ahhh so you are the owner of the groovy and unique cabinets we've all been mulling over! Well now that I know what you can do with the inside of a pantry I have no doubt you'll make the outside look just as great. Thanks for the additional scoop on your canisters, etc.

o

Thank you! Your kitchen and home are beautiful, and I am definitely lusting after your pantry! Some day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here