Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
antique silver and antique pewter finishes

Posted by MNexlurker (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 19:28

Okay, the other day I asked for help in deciding on kitchen hardware. Nickel hardware or black. a couple of GW suggested antique silver and antique pewter as other possibilities.

My new question thanks to the DH asking me and I don't have the answer - hoping my fellow GW will.

Question: Will the finish wear like ORB fixtures over time or will they last forever? Does anyone know or have experience with these finishes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: antique silver and antique pewter finishes

bumping this for you. I would think the answer would depend on the quality of the finish at the beginning. Check out Berenson Hardware. I got my ORB from them, no sign of change yet. They pride themselves on their finishes. You could probably contact them with this question, as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Berenson Hardware

o

Ginny20, Thank you very much for the bump and information.
Lynn

o

I've had antique pewter for 6 years. No problem. Agreed, it depends on the quality that you begin with.

o

Thanks

As of this morning 2-9- We are back to brushed nickel hardware. DH saw a home improvement show this AM and they were highly recommending the Brushed nickel pulls.

DH has seldom expressed an opinion with the remodeling - NOT his thing- I am perfectly a ok with the brushed nickel.

I dont recall who on the GW showed pictures of her kitchen with the pulls installed horizontally on uppers as well. Loved how it was eye pleasing. So am going to "copy" the idea in my very narrow galley /l shaped kitchen.

o

I asked s similar question recently, specifically about Tob Knobs in antique pewter finish. One reply was all good after 1year, one reply was the handle on the refrigerator was showing wear after 7 years.

o

Kek10,
Thanks for the wearability information. I appreciate it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here