Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrera Marble Counter is Chipped!

Posted by novice_from__ct (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 19:25

I noticed that there is a nickel sized "bruise" on my honed Carrera by the edge of my undermount sink. Someone must have banged the counter hard and the bruise is a very white mark left behind. I ran my finger over it to see if the mark was smooth and a little piece of marble chipped off! Now what do I do? I'm sick about it. These counter were installed just 4 months ago. Is it possible to fill in the chip? I left a voice mail for my installer. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrera Marble Counter is Chipped!

How about a picture?

o

Embrace the patina. It's only the first of many beauty marks to come. Maybe slightly sand it if it's sharp.

o

Without seeing a picture... Because stuns or bruises in marble can be quite deep, most likely the bruised area will need to be removed (ground away) and a filler used.
It is very difficult to fill/repair white marbles without it being visible. You need to decide if you would rather just fill it as is or remove the bruise and fill. A good repairman should have decent success removing the bruise and filling with filler.

o

novice-from-ct:

You need an experienced repairperson with an Invicon or Akiemi repair kit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here