Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help deciding on holes in granite: Soap Dispenser/Air Switch?

Posted by mommy2nk (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 19:10

My granite is getting installed tomorrow and I am trying to decide on what I should have at the sink. My sink is the 36" Whitehaven. My faucet will require 1 hole. The filter faucet requires 1 hole. I was thinking it would be nice to have a soap dispenser as well as an air switch, 2 more holes. I live in CA, so I think I need to have an air gap, for a total of 5 holes. I am just wondering if 5 holes would be a mistake. My garbage disposal has always been controlled by a wall switch. I can continue that but I did always hate reaching over to turn it on. I have always just has the soap on top of the counter, so not sure if I need the dispenser. Although, most people seem to love having it. I may just have them drill 4, and not do the air gap. If it becomes a problem then I can just replace the soap dispenser with the air gap in the future. I really don't know what to do? Feedback would be much appreciated. Here are a couple of picutes.
 photo 024_zps05e97c0d.jpg
 photo 022_zps9d76c5c5.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help deciding on holes in granite: Soap Dispenser/Air Switch?

We chose to have the hot water dispensor and air accuator and soap dispensor holes added to our facucet hole

o

Skip the air gap IMO. I'm in CA and that's our plan.

o

Does your kitchen need to pass inspection? If so you will most likely need an air gap if you live in CA. Some start with the air gap then switch the air gap to a soap dispenser after inspection. They replace the air gap with a "high loop" under the sink. (Not recommending this but letting you know one option.)

o

My kitchen does not need to pass inspection so I was also thinking I would skip the air gap. That would then be 4 things placed at the sink. What would be a good placement for those? It won't be symmetrical since the faucet will be centered. So, where should the soap dispenser, filter faucet and air switch go? What would look the best?

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here