Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
replacing cabinet doors

Posted by stephct (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 18:59

Has anyone not gotten new cabinets, but replaced your partial overlay doors with inset or full overlay doors?

I'm planning on having my pickled maple cabinets white. I was initially going to just paint them and live with the partial overlay, but the more I look at pictures online and in magazines and the more I look at my cabinets, I really feel like I want to replace the doors. I'm not sure if it's worth spending the money though and if once they're white maybe I won't care so much about the partial overlay.

Any advice? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: replacing cabinet doors

I think it would be really really hard to convert to inset cabs. The boxes would have to be a perfect match for the drawers to sit flush. You might want to give a company like Scherrs a call. They make door/drawer fronts and could probably answer your questions exactly.

o
RE: replacing cabinet doors

Thanks. Do you think full overlays would work? Mine look so late 80s, early 90's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here