Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
calling on all the kitchen experts!!!!

Posted by kat81 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 18:55

So we found the plan we like...they only thing that doesnt work for me is the kitchen.. I would like it on the top next to the windows and only have one dining area at the entry (no nook)...but i just cant figure out how to do this..can anyone help me please?
I have to tell my builder Monday what i want to do and i feel a little helpless

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.familyhomeplans.com/print_plan_details.cfm?PlanNumber=59117

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: calling on all the kitchen experts!!!!

Are you saying you want to move the kitchen to where the breakfast room is located and skip having a breakfast room?

o

The problem, as I see it with moving the working part of the kitchen up by the windows is the entrance into the hallway. Even if you move the door; it is a thoroughfare which impedes the kitchen function. Unless you want the kitchen to the right of the foyer... I'm a little stumped.

o

Wholesale moving about of rooms isn't simple. You need an architect. Contact the architect from whom you purchased these plans and pay them to revise them.

o

Do you guys think the kitchen will work well as is?

o

I'm not an expert, but here's an idea, maybe it will spark some better ideas? Lots of options for those corners above the dining area (desk, wet bar, china cabinet, display, etc) or make the dining area bigger.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here