Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dorothyct

Seafoam Green granite is here! Pics!

dorothyct
16 years ago

Today they brought all the granite. We used up almost 2 commplete slabs - every square inch for this kitchen. The backsplashes for the cooktop and sink were the extras that I just *had* to have! :)

In the pics the granite is just sort of laying in place so all the reveals, etc. are not right but you can get the effect for now!!

Tomorrow plumber comes to do sink, dishwasher and toekick heater and the granite guys come to do seams and backsplashes.

Hope I can make these pics work:

Comments (24)

• xoxosmom
    16 years ago

Wow, I can't wait to see more pics. It is gorgeous.

• snowyshasta
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing the photos. It looks beautiful! I have always had a soft spot for green, but I'm not sure whether or not to go for it in something so permanent as granite, especially since DH is just okay with the color. Currently we're thinking a light gold/tan granite to go with medium-colored wood cabinets, and maybe I can get him to agree to green paint on the walls. But I do love your green granite :-)

• dorothyct
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks!

Snowyshasta......in our old kitchen we had hunter green formica and I swore green was gone from my life forever but this granite is simply GORGEOUS and almost has a grey cast to it with so many other colors going on as well. I fell in love at first site. :)

Good luck finding yours! It is so hard but I think that when you see it....you just KNOW!

• jrdown
    16 years ago

Dorothy ~

I have never even heard of seafoam green and, before I saw your pictures, I wasn't sure how that would look. I must tell you that I really like the slabs you've chosen because it appears that they don't dominate the kitchen with too heavy a look. They, actually, blend well and I appreciate colors other than the typical beiges and tans and other light colors that most folks choose.

I have quartz countertops in my kitchen and there are varying shades of blue in them. I know it is an unusual color but I love blue and the kitchen looks great with it. Congrats on a unique countertop color. I would consider that when I move the next time.

You are going to have a lovely large kitchen. You must be so thrilled!

Robyn

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

What beautiful granite! Thanks for sharing!

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

It is gorgeous! Just as I suspected, my favorite part(s) is your backsplash(es) -- those curves are to-die-for.

Your colors (cabs and seafoam) look so elegant together -- you must be thrilled! Congratulations and don't forget to post more pictures tomorrow.

• scootermom
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Quietly intriguing. I could look at that for a long time.

Chris

• plllog
    16 years ago

Ooooh!

• dorothyct
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You all make me smile so. :)

Chris - it is true. DH was just saying that you can find a small spot each day to just admire.

Thank you all for looking and for your nice words.

I am beyond elated.

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

That is fabulous.

• bklyn2pok
    16 years ago

Oh wow! Gorgeous.

• november
    16 years ago

your granite is staggering! what made me laugh is the photo of your sink - we have the EXACT same look there, including the playgym outside, which seems to be the same as ours! congrats on an AWESOME granite selection.

• pecanpie
    16 years ago

Lovely choice- and do I see a bottle of bubbly in that sink, ready to toast the new counters? Hmmm?

Cheers!!

• vicnsb
    16 years ago

Beautiful choice...looks wonderful with cabs!

• muscat
    16 years ago

lovely! Love what you did with the range.

• raehelen
    16 years ago

Really nice,

I saved the pics showing the shaping for the stove and sink backsplash. Our kitchen guy has offered to give us free granite backsplash as compensation for all the delays/problems we've been having, and I just couldn't get too excited about the prospect of the straight edges where the height changed. Not that I know if he would be capable of cutting those... but worth a try.

Thanks for the pics, and oh yeah- love the colour- if I'd known that was available would have gone for it in a heartbeat!

• tko_in_fl
    16 years ago

Your granite is so gorgeous! We're selecting our slabs of Seafoam Green on Friday - and are hoping they are as beautiful as yours! After seeing your kitchen pics, we're now inspired to re-consider using the granite for the backsplash as well. (Are you planning to do anything special with the non-granite area of your backsplash?)

Enjoy your fabulous kitchen!

• dorothyct
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tko - We are just going to paint the walls - I did not want to do tile. The great thing about the granite backsplash is that when we sit at the peninsula we can look down and enjoy the granite and then look up and not lose that visual....the cooktop backsplash is looking right at us.

Have fun picking your slabs! I tortured the people at our place - they were swinging those things around like mad as I looked at them all. If you need more than one slab make sure you see them side by side - in our lot (all the same lot!) there was very distinct color variation - I mean some were DARK and some were LIGHT - very, very different. I was nuts about getting 2 of the darker ones.

Anyway - babbling on.....

Have fun choosing on Friday! Post pics. I would love to see.

pecanpie --- it's another empty wine bottle......I am drinking a glass a night to calm my nerves with all that's going on around me! LOL.

Thank you all for the compliments on our backsplash design. We took a bit of time with the templating and tried a few different ideas. We are very pleased. Thank goodness for the inspiration photo I found in the pile of kitchen magazines, etc. :)
    Dorothy

• gneegirl
    16 years ago

I tell you what - Mother Nature is puttn' out some beauties, and yours is definitely one of them! That stone is breathtaking - I love it. I love your kitchen layout too. Of course the reminder at the sink is woth mentioning; not that would help me get out the door in the mornings.

Best wishes to you with those new recipies you'll be trying out!!

gng

• tko_in_fl
    16 years ago

Dorothy,

Thanks for the tips on selecting the granite. I think I also might be one of those people who needs to look at every slab before making a decision. Well, hopefully, the guys at the granite yard have a lot of patience. I suspect they go through this all the time...

Our cabinets aren't expected in for another 3-4 weeks so it will be a little while before we've got some pics to share.

Enjoy your kitchen!

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

wow that's gorgeous! I love your curves!!

• kkcooks
    16 years ago

It is gorgeous! Reminds me of the night we got home after our granite was installed. We have Verde San Francisco (darker green with black). I could not stop hugging it. Very weird--something I would admit only to GW!

When we were looking I fell in love with the lighter greens including yours--but could not sell DH. I am so glad to see that a seafoam went to a good home!

Enjoy!

• junobr
    15 years ago

Congratulation on your granite choice.

I am suspicious to tell that... my house has Sea Foam green all over it... stairs, computer table, cabinets... have been in love with this Exquisite Brazilian material for almost 20 years now.

I know the granite from its extraction to the day it leaves Brazil and will be glad to share pictures of quarries and all Brazilian part of it if anyone is interested or curious about the stone

Here is a link that might be useful: Sea Foam quarry