Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katrine822_gw

Never MT Pity Request

katrine822
15 years ago

Hello all. I'm suffering a bit from kitchen remodeling burnout. I rec'd my soap dispenser today and joy of joys can install it. I was so excited to hook up my Never MT and have something functioning in this vast wasteland.

It appears that my 4 year old (who is working on proper scissor grasp at PreK) took it upon himself to open my Never MT package and the instructions have vanished. Poof. Gone.

Can anyone take pity and post the instructions as to how to get this thing operational? I really, really need something to work.

Thanks!

Comments (13)

• katrine822
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Daki! I had this thing all contorted. Now it works like a dream. I think I've wasted a half bottle of dish soap showing off my engineering skills to dh. Ok, I've wasted a half bottle of dish soap showing off your organizational skills.

Thanks again!

• megradek
    15 years ago

I don't have one of those fancy gagets, but had to comment...hats of to daki for helping out (isn't her kitchen a dream??)! I have a preschooler who REALLY likes to practice her cutting skills and I can only imagine what will happen to me if I leave her out of my sight for 2 seconds! She wants to help me open every single package that arrives (and that's just about every day these days) of lighting, hardware, etc....

I may have to switch to one of these since I learned about it too late!

• arleneb
    15 years ago

Aren't people on this forum nice? How nice of Daki to take the time to type out the directions! I saved them and the picture -- someone long ago on this forum said her DH took a length of aquarium tubing and made her a free NeverMT . . . With the directions and diagram, I may try it!!

Thanks, Daki!

• gr82bgrammy
    15 years ago

Maybe a dumb question, but what does Never MT stand for? I like the idea of using aquarium tubing to make the dispenser!
    Terry

• holligator
    15 years ago

NeverMT is shorthand for "never empty." They are super inexpensive and so handy, I don't think it's worth making your own, unless you happen to have spare tubing lying around.

• bellcrest
    15 years ago

holligator wrote that the Never MT are super inexpensive which is true, unless you live in Canada. By the time they add shipping and the brokerage fees at the border, they are no longer inexpensive. But ya gotta love them.
    Thanks for posting the instructions. I have saved them in a safe place in case I ever need them. Now if only I can find that safe place in the future.

• daki
    15 years ago

I'm under the impression that the company that makes these kits is actually a very small business. While the materials are fairly simple, please consider supporting them and their inventiveness (is that a word?) by buying the kit :)

• holligator
    15 years ago

By the way, another advantage of the NeverMT (or, I guess, of soap dispensers in general) is that I find I use a LOT less detergent than when I'm pouring it out of the bottle. I installed mine in January 2008, and I still have half a bottle of detergent. It is the super concentrated kind, and I have added water to the bottle, but I really did expect to be finished with it by now. I find that one or two squirts is plenty for most jobs, but using the bottle itself, I would have poured out 10 times that.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I have to second Holligator's comments...in our case, we have both SDs hooked up to hand soap. (No, I haven't gotten the NeverMTs yet...I keep putting it off!) Anyway, in the past we went through those refill bottles pretty regularly but I haven't had to buy a new one since we started using the new kitchen in late-June last year! You use even less soap w/the built-in SDs than you do with those soap bottle/pumps you buy. The SDs seem to pump out 1/4 of what the bottles do! I actually think the SDs will have paid for themselves in soap not used within a year or two of their install!

Here's to another reason for using a built-in SD...you save on soap! [OK, maybe it's not big expense, but these days every penny counts!]

• gglks
    15 years ago

i have sent this out before, but this is the small pleasure of my kitchen. i can't believe that this $10 item gives me such a thrill!!!!!!!!! i totally recommend it!!!!!!

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

Where can you buy them? I need this for hand soap!

• shelayne
    15 years ago

I have mine (two) already, but not even the sink cabinets to put them in, yet. LOL. I knew, though, that I HAD to have them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Never MT