Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please post pics of your sink with your laminate.

Posted by tinker1121 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 18:39

Undermounted sinks are so nice but not recommended with laminate installations. What did you choose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please post pics of your sink with your laminate.

tinker1121:

There are sinks recommended for undermount laminate installation. See the link please.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinks

o

Thanks so much!

Most people I have talked to have told me undermounted sinks are not recommended with laminate counters.

I just read this on the Formica site and there is a specially designed Karran sink that is made to seal with the laminate. It is not a DIY and not sure our friend who would do the laminate for us is even familiar with this. Thanks very much for pointing this out!

If anyone has one of these sinks, your experience and pictures would be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Formica's info on undermounting a sink

o

My sink is top mounted stainless steel. I had read something about under mounted sinks with laminate, but various opinions about whether or not it was a good idea. Since it wasn't a big deal to me one way or the other, we went with the top mounted sink.

o

I've seen lots of pictures from the laminate companies with undermount sinks, and I'm sure there are some on Houzz if you want to find some.

I think there have been a couple of people on here including Karen_MT who have laminate and used the Kohler Vault sink. Its a top mount but the top is super thin and makes brushing things into the sink easier, and they said they hadn't had a problem with the top mount gunky stuff either.

I will probably do laminate in the house we build (we will make the counters so nice and cheap) but I don't like the way an undermount sink looks with laminate. Other countertop surfaces are much thicker and you can really tell its laminate like the super think laminate piece is sitting right on the edge of the undermount sink.

o

Yep. +1 on the thin edge of the Kohler Vault. When cleaning, you just wipe right across the surface and stuff does not get caught in the edge. Oh how we love that feature!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here