Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
willowdecor_gw

Willow's Breakfast Room Before and After

willowdecor
14 years ago

Hi all,

Just wanted to post my finished Breakfast Room - I did not show it when I showed my Kitchen before and afters because it was not finished. Hope you like it - the advice I got from all the GW'ers made it more beautiful!!

xx-Willow

Here is a link that might be useful: Willows Breakfast Room

Comments (29)

• crazyhouse6
    14 years ago

Beautiful, warm and inviting!!! I love the simplicity of the table centerpieces and the mantel in the family room - wow!

• nancyrph
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! I remember falling in love with your kitchen and pantry when I first saw those. To tell you the truth, I think the "before" pictures were pretty nice, but when I saw what your vision was and how you made it all come together, it's amazing! Enjoy your new space!

• Susan
    14 years ago

sigh...so beautiful!

• smiling
    14 years ago

Just exquisite! Pushing out that back wall was brilliant, and the airy, light filled space is so serene and lovely. Do I see that you angled the breakfast room linen panels across the two back corners? Love the blue on the host chairs. Would you please post a close up of the chandelier if you have one, it is perfect for that room!

• warmfridge
    14 years ago

Willow, it's all just beautiful. I love your furniture and chandelier. You can be my interior decorator any time!

• jeri
    14 years ago

Wow Willow  IÂm dutifully and justifiably blown away.

That must have cost a pretty penny though  moving walls and all? I wanted to move our kitchen wall out and DH said it would cost 50K minimum  just to move the wall (change the foundation, roof, etc.)

How the heck can one add a fire place to the middle of the house?

Seriously  IÂm stunned by the transformation. Are you a decorator? Maybe I should know that already, but I donÂt. :-)

• Gena Hooper
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Love the windows enveloping the space. It must feel like breakfasting al fresco!

• rhome410
    14 years ago

I knew I didn't want to look... ;-)

Beautiful! Of course.
    :-D

• pps7
    14 years ago

I love it!! Especially the windows and the table. Can you tell me what the base of the table looks like? I'm looking for the perfect farmtable- so far the leading contender is the RH farmhouse table. The arctic shadows looks so different than on the strip. On the strip, it looks very gray.

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

Willow.. it's such a gracious space. Lovely and homey with touches of elegance; but an elegance that invites one in rather then make them feel "do not touch". Just a gorgeous job. What a joy!

• chris11895
    14 years ago

GORGEOUS!!!! May I ask what paint color you used on the walls in the breakfast room?

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

• amberley
    14 years ago

willow- I love it! So serene and cozy. Love the Wisteria bench and the $20 curtains! I bought table runners from PB last year that look like grain sacks that I am using to cover my dining chairs. Isn't it great when something looks expensive but isn't?

I peeked at your kitchen pics again- did you do beadboard, or v-groove on the ceiling?

• mereanne
    14 years ago

Oh, I'm so totally in love with your breakfast room/family/kitchen space! The photos make you want to sit down and relax. What a soothing environment!

• squigs
    14 years ago

wow - you are so talented! I'm awed by your transformation!

• penelopejosephine
    14 years ago

It is simply stunning! I love it :)

• cal_sunshine
    14 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! I love everything about the rooms and how they all flow together so well. Your choices in furniture, lighting, and finishes is impecable and yet so livable. It must make you and your so happy everyday that you spend in these rooms.

• willowdecor
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow - you are all so generous with your compliments! You all are the best!!
    Here are some answers:
    Amberley-The ceiling is tongue and groove. I wanted a more pronounced beading - it is really beautiful and looks substantial.

Chris - The color on all the walls is Ben Moore Arctic Shadows - #1559. It is a neutral green gray.

PPS- The base of the table is ironwork - pewter color with accents of antiqued gold. Hard to photograph.

jeri- The cost was much less because it was just a straight bump out with no curves or upper floor. I am a decorator, but came into it later life. I have had no official schooling, so I am a bit more unconventional and design from my heart. The fireplace is gas and as luck would have it - on the floor above it is a closet. We vented it straight up through the closet to the attic and roof. We were lucky to be able to pull that off!!

smiling-you have a good eye! yes, the curtain panels are angled. To be honest they are balancing on the tops of the crown moulding. They are very steady so I decided to leave them that way. The chandelier is Niermann Weeks Italian Chandelier in antique silver. It was definitely a splurge. Here is the link for a close up.

To everyone else, thanks so much for the sweet comments. GW is such a fabulous forum. My house is more beautiful and better designed because of the input and information from all of you!!
    xx-Willow

Here is a link that might be useful: Willow's Chandelier

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Willow,
    I love it. And I have always loved your blog.
    You have amazing talent.
    thanks for posting,
    ~boxerpups

• wickedstari
    14 years ago

You have amazing taste Willow!

~Stari

• dmwbcc
    14 years ago

OMG OMG OMG. I LOVE your home!

• teresa518
    14 years ago

Stunning! You did such a wonderful job with all the colors and fabrics. Love all those windows.

Enjoy!

• megradek
    14 years ago

just gorgeous. I love what you have done. thanks for sharing!

• vampiressrn
    14 years ago

Very beautiful...nice job!!!!

• judydel
    14 years ago

WOWSA!! What a gorgeous space! You done good girlfriend!!

The details are so well thought out and lovely. Beautiful!

• kitchenkrazed09
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!! One of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. I am a window freak (as you may have guessed - you posted such beautiful photos of windows on one of my threads). I also love the ceiling, the chandelier and the soft colors, but mostly the windows!

• positano
    14 years ago

You have done it again!! Your kitchen, butler's pantry and now your breakfast room have been such inspiration for me. And you've answered so many questions I've had over the last year.

You are one talented lady, thanks for sharing your home. I'll be waiting for more.

Oh, and I love your blog too!

• cotehele
    14 years ago

Beautiful! You may as well just move a bed in there, that is where I would live.

• willowdecor
    Original Author
    14 years ago

For those of you who asked for more information on the Niermann Weeks Chandelier - here is link that goes into a lot more detail with my inspiration photos.

Also for a less expensive, but beautiful alternative, Currey and Company has a very close copy. I did not go with it because it was only offered in a gold finish and I wanted a silver finish. I have since learned though, that they will do custom finishes, but not sure what the upcharge would be. FYI
    xx-Willow

Here is a link that might be useful: More about Willow's Chandelier

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES