Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sv123_gw

Single Electric Wall Oven

SV123
10 years ago

Hi ,

We are planning our Kitchen Remodel and I am planning for a Gas Cooktop and separate Electric Wall Oven . I would like to install the wall oven in the middle of a tall cabinet.

However , most pictures I see with wall ovens show "double wall ovens" in tall cabinets. Most "single wall ovens" are installed below the counter in a lower cabinet.

Has anyone installed a Single Wall Oven on a Tall Full-Height Cabinet ? Can you share pics or pointers for the same.

Comments (15)

• martinkk333
    10 years ago

In the farmhouse we just sold, I installed a single wall oven in a tall cabinet. The bottom of the oven was just about countertop high. I had 4 drawers underneath (3 shallow, 1 deep) and doors above. It was really nice and helped me organize a lot of things.

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

Mine is like that with the microwave is below.

Bottom of the oven is a few inches above the counter but if I did it again I'd make it line up. Then micro is just below counter height where I like it.

Then there's great space above the oven for all the racks, flat pans, baking stones and griddle. Also a deep drawer below for baking equipment. I really love this arrangement

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Here's a photo of ours..still unfinished. Our set up is: bottom shallow drawer, oven, concealed roll forward shelf (for stirring things when pulling out of the MW), MW, and then baking sheets, etc. storage.

When our unit is closed, it conceals the MW. We opted not to do a built-in MW because I don't like the looks or costs associated with a built-in. MW is not heavily used in my cooking.

This post was edited by andreak100 on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 9:32

• andreak100
    10 years ago

And here it is when the barrister style door is closed.

• iroll_gw
    10 years ago

This pic was taken during our reno, as you can see by the plastic cover on the oven handle.
    Total IKEA cabinet and oven. The drawers beneath have casserole dishes and roasting pans. The cabinet above has cereal, chips, etc. on the floor of the cabinet; the half shelf has vases and other glass items. Everything to the left is pantry.
    I must say, it is far easier to wipe a spill out of the oven at waist height, than with my former range.
    I know wall ovens placed under cooktops are popular, but I seem to recall someone posting about how the oven vents right where you stand to cook on the cooktop, at least some models do; doesn't sound comfortable.

• canuckplayer
    10 years ago

I agree with the above posters. An oven at counter level is easier to work with. There`s no back breaking bending over to baste or lift a heavy turkey from. It`s an easier transition to the countertop.
    In my dream kitchen, my oven has chef doors (just like a French door fridge). That way there`s no reaching over or around the door to baste, remove hot food, or clean.
    American Range is the only reasonably priced chef door oven I`m aware of.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

My KD originally had the oven down lower - I wanted it even higher but with the Advantium over the oven - this was as high as I could make it.
    I am so happy that I pushed to have it as high as possible - it is a nice height and allows me not to crawl on the floor to see what is happening in the oven.
    In retrospect - I might have considered swapping the 2 ovens - with the speed oven below - but the advantium has to be counter height or above. Also, unless a MW drawer or speed oven has a remote control to operate it, I think it would be awkward to use below counter height.

I would love to have french door oven doors or a side opening option but with the easy glide racks - not really a problem.

I also slide my Boos cart in place for a second landing zone when doing lots of baking.

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

This is my second microwave installed below counter. I don't like them counter height which is very awkward with the door and don't feel higher is safe. It is easier to lift something hot carefully than lower it IMO. I wouldn't want a combi oven higher either.

I know this is a major disagreement with how most KDs like to install ovens and with what some mfgrs show.

• Jamie_Morgan
    10 years ago

I installed a single Bosch wall oven in Akrum Ikea cabinets. There are two drawers beneath the oven and the oven sits mid-counter high. I put a GE Profile microwave and trim kit directly above it. If I had known of all the functionality of the Bosch wall oven before my renovation, I would have realized I did not need a microwave. It has a Speed Oven setting which I use more than the microwave.

• SV123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks a lot for the useful info and photos.

I wanted to place the microwave at counter height since my kids use them a lot and it would be safer at that height.

May be I can go for a setup like Muffet's photo - the microwave is just slightly raised from the counter height.

• jgopp
    10 years ago

Here's a video link of my Bertazzoni wall oven, I would take a pic for you but this is pretty easy to see how it looks mid level mounted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bertazzoni wall oven

• YuliaO
    10 years ago

here is a photo from our last house

• greasehead42
    10 years ago

I want to build a new carcase for a Frigidaire 24" single wall oven. Can anybody help me with the minimum distance,if any,between the back of the oven itself and the drywall wall. This is Chicago code specific. I cant seem to find it and I have a request for this info from Frigidaire.
    Can anyone help?

• L V
    6 years ago

Muffett, I know it's an old thread but yours is the exact arrangement and height I'm looking for and my cabinetmaker is asking my preferred height. Can you tell me how may inches off the floor your oven and microwave start? Thanks.