Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a Little Backsplash Help (Pics Included)

Posted by gdwright07 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 17:57

with our first home and first big home improvement (kitchen island) behind us, we're ready to get hot on nailing down a backsplash. We're pretty hard set on the white(ish) subway tile look...of course, picking a white(ish) subway tile is easier said than done right? The challenge we've run up against is exactly what shade of white should we run with? We found a tile recently called Devonshire Cream that we've taken to, it's pretty darn close to our cabinet color though. I guess maybe we're alright with that though...our granite is a Giallo Vincenza and can be described as pretty busy. The clean, cottagy whie subway tile look might help to tone the overall tone of the kitchen down a bit. Again, not sure and am looking forward to your feedback. Also, what should we be looking for in terms of a grout color. Have no idea where to start. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a Little Backsplash Help (Pics Included)

A couple more pics that I thought might help. First is of the devonshire cream tile close up. The second is of our kitchen with a bit of our island to give you a full picture of what we're working with. Thanks.

photo Kitchen_021013_zpsae450a6c.jpg

photo Cottage-field-3x6-dover-white-glossy-solid_zps4c3c93fb.jpg

o

My granite is similar (Venetian Gold), my cabinets are creamy white, my BS is almost the same color as my cabinets. For similar reasons as you mentioned, my granite is busy. I love how they look together.

o

You do know not to "nail down" your grout, you have to use that sticky stuff :) Just kidding! I think that subway will look great with your cabs. Sometimes picking a grout color, however, is just as hard as choosing the tile. We chose the basic subway tile at Lowes, and the grout is called Warm Gray by Mapei, also from Lowes. We have soapstone countertops, so that color may not work with your countertops. All the best on your project!

o

that's it? no additional feedback?

o

that's it? no additional feedback?

o

They look good. I like white grout with white subway tiles, personally. It comes down to a matter of taste.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here