Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color flange/basket strainer with your Siligranit sink?

Posted by msrose (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 17:57

I can't decide if I want the matching color or silver. What did you go with? My faucet will be ORB, so I don't know if silver would look off with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color flange/basket strainer with your Siligranit sink?

We have the brown sink and ORB faucet and bought the flange and strainer to match. With all the brown I felt like silver would have looked odd. Except for the sink grids we have no silver in our kitchen!

o

Anthracite bar sink, silver strainer and faucet

o

I too have ORB faucet with my biscotti silgranit sink and bought the color matched strainers as it gives a nice cohesive look

o

Do you need to buy the strainer baskets from Blanco or are there universal ones that fit? I'm planning to order the Blanco Performa with double bowl and I have a hard time thinking about buying two $59 strainers!

o

My sink is truffle and I have a chrome flange. My faucet is chrome too but I think the chrome would look just fine regardless of your faucet finish.

o

I bought a flange that matches my faucet from an outside vendor. I heard the Silgranite ones were not all that great
Cafe Brown with Antique Brass.
I would have to hunt the information on the vendor.

o

I had decided to go with the matching one from Blanco, but I found out the day of installation, my granite guy didn't order it along with my sink, because he thought it was too expensive! So, luckily I found an ORB one at Lowes and it looks good with my ORB faucet.

o

I just got the bisquit diamond sink and I bought the matching bisquit basket. I am also going with orb faucet. I like the one color look. I am upset that Blanco does not make matching sink grids. I have no silver in my kitchen and hate the way it will look. However I have always used grids and really like having them. I am unable to find one in bisque/almond. so I will probably get the stainless ones and take them out when I am finished cleaning the sink.

o

Hi,
Thought I'd already posted here. Guess not. Here's our bisquit sink with an off the shelf, from Home Depot, ORB flange and strainer.
Can't imagine having a different color than the faucet, unless it matched the sink.
Have fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here