Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelcute

White or Off White Kitchen Cabinets ? wall color

angelcute
12 years ago

Please share your photos of kitchen with white cabinets and painted wall color. trying to choose a wall color...maybe light yellow, just not real sure. Any ideas? x-post

Comments (11)

• buckheadhillbilly
    12 years ago

I did just this color scheme. My cabinets are SW Creamy White with the black removed and the walls are BM "You Are My Sunshine."

• hatethecold_gw
    12 years ago

this is our kitchen at night- it is definitely a real yellow, and not "creamy" , but we like it. Ignore the lack of countertops and our island- we just haven't made it that far yet :)

• motherof3sons
    12 years ago

HatetheCold - I am digging that gorgeous piece of furniture/island to the right. Show me more!!!

• gardengrl66 z5
    12 years ago

Here's BM Chantilly Lace on the cabs and Vale Mist on the walls...taken at night so keep that in mind
    {{!gwi}}

• willtv
    12 years ago

Here's a shot of ours.

Your wall color will likely be dictated by a combination of things.
    Your countertops, floor, color of adjoining rooms, etc.
    It may be best to wait until everything else is installed so that you can have a better idea as to how it looks all together.
    I'm attaching a link below with a few more shots.
    Keep in mind that paint is the easiest and least costly change to make.
    So if you decide on one color and then find that you don't like it, the change is reletively simple.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Kitchen Pics

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Here is my kitchen,

Pre Reno we love this color too.
    Camel Coat by Ralph Lauren

a few white kitchens with pretty wall colors

Granny Smith Apple Glidden

Smoke Gray BM

Ellen Kennon Edgewood Green

Sienna Clay BM

Silver Night Glidden

Navy (paint type unknown)

(I do not know the paint colors below but I am sure
    you could find something similar if you love them)

• hatethecold_gw
    12 years ago

motherof3- thanks! it is an old baptismal font that we are going to repurpose into our island. I am actually going to post pics soon looking for some ideas. I hope to get some insights from you!

• cooksnsews
    12 years ago

You have to remember that "off-white" is not a specific colour. It will have undertones of something else that will dictate which way you should go with your wall colours. Take a piece of plain copy paper, which is about as white a white as most of us will find. Lay it beside your cabs and try to analyze which off-white you have. Is it yellowish? or greenish? or greyish? Once you find the right coordinating colours, regardless of how pale or intense you choose, it will look fabulous. If you choose the wrong colours without regard to existing elements, you will know something isn't quite right, even if you can't quite define why.

• dianalo
    12 years ago

We went with lavender for the walls with our white cabs. We used a BM color, Easter Bonnet, but then had them lighten it after it was done to 75% because I wanted more contrast with the deep purple in the adjacent den, BM's Purple Rain, which is the best color ever ;).
    Dh did not see the need to lighten it nor the difference when I brought the paler color home and started to repaint. Once I got half the wall done, he finally "got it" and appreciated the difference.
    Our counters are white-ish with a little gray and taupe in them and tiny specks of black. They look like white from afar.
    With the chrome accents and gray and black floor, it all came together as perky yet mellow.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM's Easter Bonnet

• angelcute
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all the great ideas. The walls are painted a khaki/tan color in the adjoining rooms LR & DR which are open to kitchen area. So I really need a coloe that would look ok with it...I would love to have Red but I ruled it out because my kitchen is in middle of house with no windows and very little light so I didn't want to darken the room. Then I thought about Yellow type color, but the Granny Smith Apple Glidden post from above is pretty to me also.