Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It is clean-up time for my new house...

Posted by phoggie (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 17:53

My house is just about complete and I am wanting to know what the best way to clean up sheet rock dust off of my hardwood floors might be... I know some of you will have some great ideas...thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It is clean-up time for my new house...

The best way found is with my bissel pro heat. Just the sucking up, not the water. Water makes drywall mud, which hardens in streaks.

Dust or sweep up as much as you can first.

o

So I should not use any water?

o

Shop Vac. And do the vents too, shove that hose in as far as you can. We had all sorts of junk down there.

Have you learned how to get photos posted yet? You know we want to see your gorgeous place when you are ready to reveal it! If not, you've got a little time to master this skill!

o

I would vacuum up as much as I could and then clean and dry with microfiber towels. Use a toothbrush to get in the nooks and crannies.

o

We are just finishing up an extensive remodel and cleaning crew was suppose to show up today but didn't :( anyhow I spent the day with a shop vac sucking up drywall dust. Then I mopped the wood floors with vinegar water. I had to take the filter outside several times to shake out the drywall dust. Whatever you do - do NOT use your reg vacuum. It will ruin it.

Hopefully the cleaning people will come Monday. The roads were bad today and they had an hour drive so I didn't blame them - but still...
They need to clean dust from windows, baseboards, doors, etc but a new build wouldn't have those issues. I would think the drywall sanding would've been done before trim etc. even before hardwood installed.

o

Mountaineer girl, it is not terribly bad...sanding was all done before hardwood and they covered it, but that dust gets into/onto everything! Beekeepers wife...I will have my DD post pics when I am all done...getting close. My pearl cabinets are in, granite to be done Friday...then backsplash, installing the rest of the appliances and a lot of last minute cleaning..then carpet laid...and move in depends on when they get some more dirt brought in and sidewalk and drive-way poured...and to think the construction crew only started Nov. 24th... I could not be happier with my Amish crew!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here