Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhbaskets_gw

Think I found my countertops!

nhbaskets
10 years ago

Our house sold in six days so we are now in a mad scramble to choose finishes for our new home which is under construction. I don't even have a finalized kitchen design ( we are meeting with cabinetmaker on Wednesday) but I have a general idea of what we want. See link below.

Our current kitchen is natural cherry with blue in the night granite. Going totally opposite with white cabinets, perhaps a blue island and...drum roll...Super White countertops. Hoping to join the bandwagon of others here who have this beautiful stone.

Today DH and went to the stone yard that our builder uses. I wasn't optimistic of finding something that I would like based on their website. SW was in the back of my mind, well, actually the front. After looking for about 30 minutes, I found DH standing in front of this gorgeous SW with a big smile on his face. "I really like this," he said. At that point I started jumping up and down. If he picked it out, it must be fate, right? We're now waiting for pricing as the sales person our builder deals with wasn't working today. It will be a long wait till Monday to see if we can swing this, however, I'm ready to give up something else to get this. Will then go back and choose our slabs.

So if we do go with SW, I need to figure out a paint color for the cabinets. Would love to hear recommendations for white and a colonial looking blues.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rough kitchen design and floorplan

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths