Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gray Cabinets

Posted by kjreif (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 17:51

Does anyone happen to know what lines carry a gray cabinet? I was thinking about doing unfinished and finishing them here myself, but I'd like to compare pricing to a finished cabinet..

Thanks,
Kelly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gray Cabinets

I have ordered cabinets for my new master bath from KraftMaid in Greyloft. You can see some examples on their site or Home Depot sells KraftMaid. It looks much better in person.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greyloft

o

I think Martha Stewart's line also carries gray cabs at Home Depot.

o

Not sure where you live and whether this is an option, but the Brighton line from Cabinet Discounters has a color called Spaulding (Spalding?), which I just did on my island and laundry room/pantry cabinets. It's a very earthy gray.

o

Thanks all - Really appreciate it!

o

Fieldstone also has several shades of tinted varnish:
http://www.fieldstonecabinetry.com/finishes/?finish_id=8

Crystal has a light grey called Stonebridge:
http://www.crystalcabinets.com/Finishes/Finishes.htm

o

Then there's always the route of finding a local, custom cab maker, whose pricing may very well come in less than semi-custom as mine did, and having the cabs painted any of the thousands of shades gray available on the paint market.

o

Here is a grey kitchen that Best Cabinets completed for one of my clients. They Mix their own stains and can make almost any color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Cabinets

o

Dura Supreme has some pretty greys. They seem to have really nice paint finishes.

And, the Canyon Creek Katana frameless cabinets I just looked at had a sweet gray stain I was impressed with. It was called Sea Drift, on the dark side of driftwood. How rustic it reads depends a lot on the wood choosen. It read distinctly grey, but on the warm side with a brown undertone.I saw it with a chocolate glaze and it really looked good - and is appealing for the stain.

Grey is so hot right now, I imagine almost all the lines have something these days.

This post was edited by Steph2000 on Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 4:12

o

Grays are hot right now. You ought to be able to find them in almost any line. I just did a kitchen for a lady in the Kemper Whitman door style in Dover White with a Storm Island. It's being delivered next week, so no pics. You'll have to use your imagination right now. :)

Whitman Shaker style door

Dover (a greyed off white, not the door style though)

Storm Color (Not the door style though)

And here are some pics of our Dynasty display in Porch Swing on Cherry. It's a translucent stain, not a paint, if you are looking for something like that.

o

I just ordered gray stained Beckwith style Dynasty kitchen cabinets from Osborne and Dermody in Reno, NV. The smoky hills stain, which is a soft warm gray. I'm using a truffle (very deep brown) stain on the island/butler's pantry. Both in alder.

I almost did a white kitchen, but somehow in the end the architecture of the house felt like it needed these elegant colors (don't ask me to explain why - or I'll go on and on without saying anything that makes much more sense than that). I hope it was the right choice!

Someday soon I'll figure out how to post pictures - I wish I could just upload directly instead of opening an account somewhere.

Here's my favorite online pic of gray cabs - these are custom (from Houzz).

http://www.houzz.com/photos/273954/Black-Residence-contemporary-kitchen-tampa

Here's another Houzz link with the gray cabinets I'm ordering, though I believe in a different wood (and with white cabinets):

http://www.houzz.com/photos/823237/Pine-Crest-Road--Mountain-Brook-contemporary-kitchen-birmingham

o

IKEA Abstract.

They also have a gray wood kitchen, Lidingo, currently in Europe; I bet it'll be here soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA gray kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here