Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash headache!

Posted by Amiss83 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 17:25

I am currently in the process of a new construction home as a first time home buyer. My husband and I are completely stuck on picking a back splash for the kitchen. Because the cabinets and granite are so dark, we feel a dark back splash may not be a great idea. Any suggestions are welcome! We felt like we needed to bring in some outside opinions! (The cabinets and counter tops are dusty because they are still working in the house)
Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash headache!

Just my opinon but stainless steel tiles could look really nice.

Beautiful kitchen! Congrats!

o

Thank you! My husband really likes the idea of an all stainless backsplash, but I worry it'll be too shiny. I'd like to find a glass tile and stainless mix. I'm having a difficult time finding one that may look good with the dark granite (uba tuba) and expresso cabinets.

o

I agree that something light would brighten things up a little. Maybe something neutral, like this?

o

That one looks really nice! I like the flecks of color in it.
I've also seen this one that I thought might bring out some of the green tones, but I'm afraid it may be too bold.

o

Glass & Steel mix?
Random Linear Stainless Steel And Glass 3

o

In this image it looks like your darks don't match - your cabinets appear to have reddish undertones, and the granite greenish ones - is that correct or an artifact of lighting? If the image is accurate, you need to choose bs colors really carefully. If it's just an arifact, you have a huge array of options. Do you have a favorite color, or any color constraints from other rooms in the house? Also, do you have a budget in mind, price/sf?

o

There is a lovely glass and stainless mix being featured at all the Home Depots in my area. It's Jeffrey Court Valor Sky White Stainless- beautiful!
I think it would play nicely off your wall color, and add a little dazzle!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeffrey Court

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here