Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

How to trim out under plugmold?

2ajsmama
15 years ago

My cousin who is a carpenter is trimming out around my recessed/dropped center island for me - we're using oak stained to match the cabinets. He cut a piece of oak to fit under the plugmold, but the electrician installed it crooked, b/c it fits fine on the right but gets too tight to slip under as you head to the left. The end caps are already on the strip, and the whole reason I paid $100 to install it was b/c I couldn't hammer the front cover on (dented up the first plugmold). Should I call the electrician and have him try to pull out and replace (for free!)? It took 6 months to get him out the first time! Or should we try to sand/plane the oak down? Cousin says it would be to hard to scribe to exact height over the whole 5 ft (about 2.5 - 3 ft is tight), but I'm wondering if he just planed it down to it fit to the tightest spot, could I "level" it by just having him nail it to the studs behind the plugmold so it fit evenly against the strip, and then I was going to use silicone caulk under anyway so spills don't go behind. Sorry this pic was taken with some pine molding sitting in front, so you can't see gap under. Maybe later I can take pics of gap and oak. TIA.

{{gwi:1575995}}

{{gwi:1575996}}

Comments (2)