Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stain to match cabinets

Posted by kjordanx4 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 16:44

My oak cabinets are stained a jacobean color. We are looking for a floor stain that is more brown in color. Our current stain is a golden oak/provencial mix. We do not want to go as dark as the cabinets. We have white oak flooring. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stain to match cabinets

I'd suggest just getting a bunch of samples from HD or Lowe's and trying it out on a board.
Label the samples and what you mix and (important) how long you left it on before you wiped it off. IOW, leave each stain on for 60 seconds, first. The longer the darker.

Those words "wipe it off" are important, I learned. My mahogony front door looks like it was painted with deck paint because I didn't know that. Now I'm sanding my life away to get it off!

BTW. Sounds beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here