Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
renovate911_gw

Kitchen cabinets: Kennebec vs. Crown Point vs. QCCI

Renovate911
10 years ago

Has anyone worked with Kennebec, Crown Point and Quality Custom Cabinetry (QCCI)? I'm trying to determine how they compare on quality (construction and finish details, etc.), price and customer service. Any feedback from those who have received estimates from these companies and/or installed their cabinets would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Comments (8)

• twosit
    10 years ago

I used Crown point for my beaded inset cabinets in a house a number of years ago. I was happy with the cabinets, but several of my builder's subs mentioned they did not think they were very high quality. I didn't know enough back then to ask for details.

• jakuvall
    10 years ago

I carry QCCI so naturally biased, IMO second to none. Not many on here have them. I haven't run into Kennebec, CP are popular here on GW.

• Renovate911
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Twosit - I'm surprised to hear that the subs on your job had such a low opinion about the CP cabinets, as I've read nothing but universal praise on here for their quality of construction.

Jakuvall - From what little I've read about QCCI they're very high quality. I think I may have read that a QCCI dealer quoted a poster on here $20,000 more for QCCI cabinets than for a competing cabinet line. They didn't provide any details beyond that. The buying process for CP is direct vs. dealer-only for QCCI.

Thank you both for your feedback.

• ardcp
    10 years ago

crown point is made or HQ in NH. considered very high end, expensive cabinets. they have a website if you want to check it out. i think i read that their avg kitchen is around $50k? . my husband grew up in the town that they are in so i thought oh, cool a local cab company! then i found out they are way out of my budget.

• jakuvall
    10 years ago

Renovate- not familiar with that story I know of a couple of very exclusive dealers who carry QCCI but also know many who are competitive. If you are talking apples to apples (design, finish, quality, service) even the boutique dealers won't be 20k on a typical kitchen. Most I've done are on the 30s to 40s, have hit 75, have beat out WM, Crystal, local custom and CP. Doing one today in upper teens with hi gloss that prices out better than my next lower line. To me direct "sounds nice" doesn't always mean a lot. It always "depends" and what suits you, makes you happy.

• Renovate911
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jakuvall - thanks for that response. That guidance is very helpful.

I meant to write that someone on here wrote that the QCCI estimate came in $20k higher than the estimates for "comparable" cabinets from another manufacturer (brand not specified).

What distinguishes QCCI cabinets quality-wise from those of a competitor like CP?

Thanks.

• jakuvall
    10 years ago

Renovate-CP is a good cabinet, in the ball park from what I can tell.
    I started an answer but deleted most of it. To hard to avoid a sales pitch which doesn't belong here.

Biggest thing I see is the company ethos. The scale is just right. Lets just say I have a few miles on me and not easily impressed.

Still, there are several good hi end makers out there and as I always say "who you work with is more important than any brand ". On my end that applies as well, need confidence in what I offer, especially at that level.

Ultimately what makes you happy /comfortable/ suits...and who.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County