Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanna help me find a wall clock?

Posted by fouramblues (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 16:36

X-post from Home Decorating. Anyone here want to play?

My kitchen reno is almost complete. Lots of little punch list items for DH, plus backsplash for me. But I need for it to start feeling warmer and lived in, so I'm thinking about decorating now. There's a large, empty wall that needs something, and a clock would be a useful thing there (can't see any other clock from the dining table). I bought a Restoration Hardware clock that's just right:

Photobucket

Only it was defective, as was the replacement they sent me. I'm not trying a third time. (You'd think that, given the cost of RH items, they'd be better quality. Their customer service was good, though -- took back both with no challenge and no cost to me in the end.)

So, here's what I liked about that clock: the size, 28" (I want min 18" and max 30"), the dark metal case with clean lines, the sort of rustic finish, the Arabic numerals, and the cost (less than $200 shipped). What I didn't like, but could have lived with, and which you can't see in the pic: the faux aged clock face.

So do any of you know of a clock that would fit all the above criteria?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanna help me find a wall clock?

I have a link of clocks..

This one from world market
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/norah-gray-wash-wood-clock.do

Wayfair
http://www.wayfair.com/Woodland-Imports-Aged-Wood-Metal-Clock-55852-WLI1123.html

BB&B
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/116740-rustic-punched-metal-wall-clock.html

o

GWlolo, thanks for the links! The punched metal one might do the trick, though might be a bit too rustic. It'll go on my short list, though! :)

o

Here's one - made by Howard Miller. And 24" diameter. Make sure you do the "roll over to zoom" on the pic cause then you'll be able to see the subtle pattern in the center circle of the clock, and the little thingies between each number (are they anchors? fleur de lis? Idk). Nice touches.

There are reviews of this Atwater clock on Amazon too, if you are interested, but the pic there isn't as good, so I didn't link it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Howard Miller Atwater Clock

This post was edited by akchicago on Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 20:19

o

What a coincidence, akchicago -- that exact clock was suggested on the home decorating forum! I do like it, but really want Arabic numbers, not Roman. DD2 is learning to tell time, so I want familiar numbers. Also, clocks with Roman tend toward old-world to my eye, and I'm leaning toward industrial/contemporary. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

o

I was looking for something similar, and this is what I found. I've only had it up a month, but it's kept accurate time so far. It's 24' in diameter, and the price isn't bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooper Classics Whitley Clock

o

I like that one, too, mpagmom! During my hunt, I'd just take a screen shot of each clock I thought might work, and that clock is in my photo stream. However, I decided to get a clock that busted the budget. (So I didn't even stick with the criteria I listed!) I got it from homedecorators.com:

Photobucket

I sure hope this one keeps time correctly. Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here