Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where should a prep sink go? Can I fit a double wall oven?

Posted by homebuyer23 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 16:26

I’ve posted a lot about my layout, sorry. Still haven’t found a KD to work with, so for now MS Paint and you guys are my BFs.

At the advice of many suggesting an island, I came up with this plan. Turns out I can fit a HUGE, albeit mostly narrow, island. I think I’m excited.

Please critique any aspect of it. Most importantly for now is where the best place for a prep sink is, and can I fit a double wall oven anywhere, leading to a 36” induction cook top instead of range.

The idea of a prep sink is still pretty new to me, so I’m having a hard time deciding where it should go. I assumed on the island but when I look at it, I feel like I have to put it right in the middle of the island for it to make sense…rinse, chop to my right, turn to my right & pop on stove. If that’s the best spot, I have a hard time believing I need it…the big sink is right behind me there! I was thinking on the PR wall, but I was hoping to possibly use that spot for wall oven(s).

sooo… I swallow my pride and post again and humbly ask for your feedback on my latest!! This should end soon, contractors coming tomorrow bringing a KD with them and I'm heading to Oxford Cabinet shop soon!

I am still able to change the location of anything in this plan, but I’m TRYING not to move the big window b/c its already a bumped out window there. Thanks as always for any feedback!

Not sure why this keeps posting so small . My aisle width between window wall and island is 38". Between PR wall and side of island is 55". Between island and basement door is 52". The island measures 120" long. Its 28" wide at the short end and 41" at wider end.

island keep REF.2

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here