Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsartsncrafts

Did anyone purchase a new color KitchenAid stand mixer...

mrsartsncrafts
12 years ago

...to go with your new kitchen?

We are weeks away from being able to use the kitchen and I was planning on putting my KA Stand Mixer on the counter. The problem is that the Majestic Yellow color that I have now will no longer match the new kitchen I have & I would rather have the Pistacio.

Anyone else purchase a new mixer to match your new kitchen?

Thanks!

Comments (41)

• pps7
    12 years ago

Luckily, my mixer is gray. I must have anticipated the upcoming trend towards all things gray :) Hmmm, do you have a sibling or friend who would love to get the old one? Or you can try selling it on craigslist.

• formerlyflorantha
    12 years ago

White is the accent color in my kitchen. I had a pale yellow one that matched nothing, even in my old kitchen. I found a white one on a scratch 'n dent clearance and proudly bore it home. It sits out on counter and needs no camouflage, although I may make a bag for it someday.

My daughter now has the old one. She begged for it.

The price on these has dropped a lot. You can get one for under $300 now. And other brands also make colorful and much cheaper ones.

• lascatx
    12 years ago

I had a white one and still have it (went out on a temp loan until my mom moved, returned and will probably go with one of the boys when they set up a full kitchen). I got a new nickel pearl one. I would love a cobalt one, but it is a stronger blue than in my kitchen, so I stayed neutral. I loved the candy apple red one they came out with -- the anniversary one with the glass bowl. They should have a color swap program. LOL

• springroz
    12 years ago

I bought a white anniversary edition years ago....it came with an extra bowl with my name engraved on it. White goes with almost everything! I LOVE the colors they come in, and wish I could store one of each in lots of colors! I can see them lined up, in the butlers pantry that I don't have!!

• 2LittleFishies
    12 years ago

I need a yellow one for my new kitchen!! : ) (Mine is white)

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

Mine is silver and even though I wanted a color, I knew I should go practical. If you want it to sit out, get a new one. Sells yours on CL or give it to a friend sibling or child.

• ci_lantro
    12 years ago

My KA is an old almond one. Made by Hobart so it's going no where except to the basement for DS to paint. I'm thinking turquoise...

• fouramblues
    12 years ago

No, but you've got me thinking... :)

• senator13
    12 years ago

You can repaint it yourself.

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchenaid paint

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

DH and I are sorely tempted by the Candy Apple Red 7 qt one at W-S (and I don't use my old KA 5 qt mixer all that often). Oh boy is that thing pretty! I do have a big birthday coming up, and big birthdays are all about wants, not needs, right? :-)

• cottonpenny
    12 years ago

Mine is a dark matte grey, so it will go nicely in my new kitchen.

I bought my mom Pistachio for her new kitchen in her beach cottage. It goes nicely with her little Jade-ite collection.

• lascatx
    12 years ago

If you do get a new one, double check the height against the clearance on your upper cabinets. If it is going to stay out on the counter, you don't want it at the front edge all the time.

Candy apple red in the 7 qt, huh? ;)

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Oh yeah, lascatx--it's that real glossy, translucent red, just like a jelly/candy apple. *sigh*

Don't think I'll be replacing mine anytime soon, it's really fine for me, but if I ever did, I don't think the 7 qt is significantly taller, and though it is wider, the cab and pull-out we store ours in could probably handle it.

(The metallic color is nice, too)

Here is a link that might be useful: KA Candy Apple Red 7 qt mixer

• Debbi Branka
    12 years ago

2LittleFishies has white and needs yellow. Maybe you guys could swap! My first one was an Artisan cobalt blue (matched the kitchen). Then I added a Professional cobalt blue (I make wedding cakes). Then my daughter got married and I bought her an Artisan cobalt blue for her blue kitchen. By this time, the Artisan pink was out and I really wanted pink :) My sweet daughter had me return her blue and buy the pink, then traded me her new pink for my old(er) blue. So now I have a pink and blue in my navy kitchen. Go with the colors you LOVE! It's your kitchen and your KitchenAid - love them both!

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Holy cow, Batman! I might have to get one of those 7qt candy apple red KAs!!!! The site says they are a Williams-Sonoma exclusive. Does anyone know if Williams-Sonoma ever runs them on sale?

• lascatx
    12 years ago

Supposedly, they already are at $550. My understanding is that the 7 qt is a WS exclusive for now. I think that 5 qt anniversary red model with the glass bowl started out as a WS exclusive, as did the pasta extruder attachment, but they wind up at other places later. No matter the store, it seems like the nest deals on KA mixers come before Mother's Day and June weddings and then before Christmas, so you could wait a couple of months and see.

• Cloud Swift
    12 years ago

We bought a pearl metallic (dark grey, almost black, not ultra shiny but with some luster) one to go better with our kitchen. Our old white Hobart KA went to one of our sons but it died a couple of years later.

I like the slow start feature of the more recent models - it doesn't throw flour around like the old one.

• idrive65
    12 years ago

I have a beautiful red KA mixer that used to live on my counter. However I noticed that (a) I don't use a mixer that often, (b) for many quick jobs I grab the small hand mixer, and (c) the glossy surface showed every speck of dust! I got tired of wiping down a rarely used appliance every few days, so now it lives in a cabinet.

• beth
    12 years ago

I have the 610 in grey metallic, not too shiny. I am lusting after the candy apple red. W-S was sold out when I bought mine in December 2010 (for $299 on one day sale plus $50 rebate, so $249 total) Then they came out with the 7 qt. Very quiet motor. It was on sale in Dec. 2011 for $399, plus $50 KA rebate, so $349 total. Get on their email list and you will get a heads up on special sales.
    ...When I was a kid, my mother had an ancient stand mixer from the 1940s that was pistachio. Nostalgia. Wish we still had it, just for retro decorative purposes.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    12 years ago

Me!Me! It's a red Artisan--don't know if it's Candy Apple because I bought it barely used for $100, with only the paddle. I picked up a whisk and dough hook from Amazon.com for about $25.00. I really wanted green, yellow, or orange, to replace my 30-yr old almond one, but the red one was such a great deal! I considered repainting the old one, but was afraid it wouldn't be durable.

The almond model went to live with my aunt for a time (she can no longer hold a hand-held mixer easily), then it's coming back when my daughter is ready for it, a la lascatx. :)

deb52899: But, Who's on first? :)

• Debbi Branka
    12 years ago

Mama Goose - HAHAHA! It kinda sounds like that, doesn't it??!!!

• countrygal_905
    12 years ago

Yes, I got a metallic copper one. You can't tell it by the picture but it matches the little glass copper accent tiles in my backsplash.

• plllog
    12 years ago

Fun thread!

Mine was a gift and I would hate to have to change it out. Luckily, it's white, and it looks even better on the green counter than it did on the white one!

• plllog
    12 years ago

Don't forget, if you want to spiffy up your old one, there are always flames.

If you do want to paint, you can always take it to an auto paint shop.

• live_wire_oak
    12 years ago

I might just have to do the black and white cow pattern on my lime green one. I found it on sale at Amazon for $200, and even though I wanted the Pear color, I jumped on it because it was "close enough".

• shelayne
    12 years ago

YES! For Christmas 2010, DH bought me the Artisan mixer in Cornflower Blue, to match the Blue Pearl granite countertops, naturally. ;^)

She sure is purrrrrty.

• mrsartsncrafts
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all for the feedback. I feel better that I am not being crazy about this. I guess small kitchen details are in good company here on GW. ;0)

I think I will just sell it through CL and wait for gift cards and coupons for Overstock to get it closer to $225 (plus, no sales tax unlike Amazon (we have a distribution center here in my state...grrr, but good for jobs) or Williams-Sonoma).

2Littlefishes - I will keep you in mind in case I decide to go with white if you are interested in Majestic Yellow. ;0)

• 2LittleFishies
    12 years ago

mrsartsncrafts- THANKS!!! ; ) Too bad shipping would be expensive. I'm in NJ.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

We just got Ice to match our Big Chill Fridge in Beach Blue and our blue pearl counters. DH bought it more as a gift for us because he wants to use the meat grinder. I think he bought it on Amazon because before Christmas that was the best price. The only thing is it ships in this huge box that says "Kitchenaid" all over it, so the UPS man had to leave it on our back deck.

I saw in the Macy's ad they have them for $269 through Feb 26.

• Susied3
    12 years ago

OH my Gosh!

Wow Cat_Mom, I had just clicked over to GW from the WS sight where I've been longinly looking at the 7qt Red KA for a while. At first, I thought the 7qt only came in the steel color. Ahh yes, it's on my wish list to replace my old Hunter Green when at the time I bought the green one, they didn't have red!
    Sign up for emails, around Christmas, Mother's Day, they offer really good deals on KA's.

Also was trying to convince myself that the Mauviel Copper set would be justifiable in the new kitchen. Now, just have to convince DH. LOL

• 2LittleFishies
    12 years ago

It's today's special Value on QVC today, mrsartsncrafts! : )
    There's a $30 rebate and extra accessory too!

• mrsartsncrafts
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you 2Littlefishes! What I think I am going to do is use my 12% off coupon at Overstock, buy a discounted gift card through plastic jungle when it comes available next(usually about a 10% save), and then buy through ebates (for another 3%). Plus, with no tax and shipping, this should get me down closer to $200 for a new mixer. Then I will sell my Majestic yellow via Craigslist. I am just having a hard time pulling the trigger since it was my first KA mixer. ;0)

• 2LittleFishies
    12 years ago

I know! It's difficult! I used to sell Pampered Chef and "earned" my white one for free about 12 years ago. I admit I purchased the yellow today : ) With the $30 back and the free extra attachment, and 5 easy payments plus only $10 shipping I couldn't resist! Plus I used ebates and got 2.5% off that way. There's a free subscription also to Food and Wine Magazine or some other Travel magazine when you do the rebate. Unfortunately there was tax but still was a good deal : ) Good luck!

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

I have a Pearl Nickel mixer. Anyone see this beauty made for the Pioneer Woman? I had so hoped to win it...love color!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pioneer Woman Mixer

• jjdcl
    12 years ago

I got a bright apple green one for Christmas, but it was just too bright in my kitchen. I exchanged it for a stainless steel color and it looks much better even though I wish I could have a color. I just watched the kitchen aid show on QVC and that is a good deal. I love the cinnamon color they have.

• rafor
    12 years ago

Funny, I have one of the original ones from 1976 when the only color it came in was a pale harvest gold. I've replaced the original beater once. That thing will run forever! But I would consider spray painting it if I could just decide on a color :)

• PRO
    NWD World LLC or Room Redux
    9 years ago

I have written KA that they should have a design model with choice of base in ..grey, black white and metallic and sell only the top cover which is removable in colors for us KA junkies who like to change out the colors. How great to have a bunch of colors...There are a few range companies where you can buy new oven doors and change out the color, so why not KA. Hey KA this is a really good idea...just sell new top caps in colors...I know my friends and would buy a bunch of colors....

• PRO
    NWD World LLC or Room Redux
    9 years ago

Oh by the way my KA mixer is Pear and I love love love it!

• zorroslw1
    9 years ago

I have a black KA which goes well with my black coffee makers. But I sure would like to have a cobalt blue which will be my kitchen accent color. If they ever get my house built!, This awful Midwest weather is holding up progress:(.

• wildchild2x2
    9 years ago

Mine is a white Hobart. Used regularly for 3 plus decades. I hope to never have to replace it. I thought about painting it but it's a functional tool for me, not something to look at. I have known people who bought the newer models and regretted giving up their Hobarts. One baking friend ended up keeping her old battered Hobart and selling her new model at a garage sale.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert