Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picked our granite!!!

Posted by tblmom (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 15:58

Thanks for all your advice regarding visiting the stone yard. There were so many gorgeous stones...I had to force myself to stop looking at the ones that I knew were out of my price range. I started out wanting something like Kashmir White, Bianco Romano, but in person, there was just a little bit too much movement for me. I wanted something cleaner and more subtle (even those they are already pretty subtle marbles).

They finally pointed me towards two White Tango granite pieces. I think some people also call that Kashmir White, since the colors are pretty much the same....but with White Tango, the movement runs in pretty much, straight horizontal lines without any swirls.

Here it is: (sorry, it's only part of the slab since the granite guys and I were standing in front of the left hand side of it. And the yellow vertical lines are just reflections of the crane, not part of the granite)

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/3038fo9.jpg[/IMG]

This post was edited by tblmom on Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 16:20

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picked our granite!!!

Gorgeous!

o

The picture didn't show up for me, so I'll try it again.

I love the subtle pattern! Congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Thanks, Mpagmom. I fixed it!

o

Very pretty! I like the consistency of the pattern. I think it's going to make gorgeous counter tops.

o

that is so so pretty! Congrats

o

Very nice! Can't wait to see them installed!

o

Nice find! It's beautiful!!!

o

Beautiful granite. I also like the subtle pattern. What color are your cabinets?

o

OOoh, a beauty! I too prefer the subtle ones, and this is a real winner. Nice work!

o

So much fun! It's a fabulous slab. Glad you found what you were looking for! Remember to post photos when it's installed.

o

Very nice!

o

Nice!

o

This is just lovely! I am going to put it on my favorites list:)

o

Love it!

o

Mmmmm! Looks beautiful! What color are your cabs? Can't wait to see!

o

Ooooh never heard of this stone before. It's beautiful! I too am hoping to find a calm white stone that isn't marble. Thanks for the inspiration! Can't wit to see more of your kitchen.

o

Pretty stone!

o

That's really pretty!

o

Very pretty. I hope you can take a piece to test for etching and staining before u put down money.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here