Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UCL Problem

Posted by marcia59 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 15:52

I got tape LEDs for my UCL. The electricians were here today. To figure out where to put the tape, they held a piece of the tape up against the bottom of the cabinet. We all agreed that right behind the light rail looked good.

Now one piece is in and the little difference between holding it up and it really bring flat against the cabinet makes a huge difference in the light. As you can see from the picture, it's casting a really strong shadow from the light rail. It looks bad and is not effective task lighting. Thoughts on solving this problem? Will just moving it back a few inches fix it? Do I need to do something else? The primary purpose of the lights is task lighting on the counter. Lighting up the backsplash is nice, but secondary.

Thanks.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UCL Problem

We have fluorescent type of UCL's not sure if it makes a difference. The cabinet is 12 inches deep and the counter is around 25-26 inches counting the ogee edge. The light is mounted at the front of the cabinet just behind the light skirt . This makes it about equal distance in the middle of the countertop. I am happy with the way the light casts on the countertop and the backsplash.

o

I'll be putting these in soon, and I read to set it back an inch if so from the front of the cabinet to avoid a shadow. Haven't done it yet, though, so I can't speak from personal experience

o

Found this. Hope it helps

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here